My 6d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 6d

Was just having a look through the forum and seen all the people saying how much they love the 6d, so thought I had better do the same!

I'm thrilled with its abilities. My only problem is I had an accident a couple of days after getting it and am on crutches for the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to get out and properly use it

Re: My 6d

Bad luck with the accident, still at least the camera wasn't damaged!:roll eyes:
    I haven't used mine much yet either, largely due to the weather. Updated the firmware yesterday to the latest version - took ages as I just couldn't get it to work through using Windows7, but eventually succeeded through my Apple iMac.
    Good luck with yours when you get chance!
    Quentin

Comment

I was reading that the firmware helps improve AI Servo quite substantially. Have you noticed this?

Comment

Agree with Quentin above. Bad luck with the accident and hope you get better soon. Take this opportunity to read the manual thoroughly before you start using the camera- it will repay your patience very well.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
          I was reading that the firmware helps improve AI Servo quite substantially. Have you noticed this?
          No, I haven't, as I haven't used the camera since updating the firmware. However, it is one of the main claims of the update made by Canon, so presumably there is some change.
          To echo Nathaniel, use the time to really study the manual - I also have a copy of David Busch's 'Canon EOS 6D' which is very good, in my opinion, if a little weighty - it makes a good doorstop!
          Quentin

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
            No, I haven't, as I haven't used the camera since updating the firmware. However, it is one of the main claims of the update made by Canon, so presumably there is some change.
            To echo Nathaniel, use the time to really study the manual - I also have a copy of David Busch's 'Canon EOS 6D' which is very good, in my opinion, if a little weighty - it makes a good doorstop!
            Quentin
            I must echo Quentin again. I too have got David Busch's Canon 6D book, which I refer to more than the manual!

P.S

Correction- I have got David Taylor's book on the Canon 6D.
            Last edited by Nathaniel; 03-01-2015, 18:16.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I wouldn't get too excited about any potential changes to the AI Servo with the 6D following the latest Firmware Update - V 1.1.6.

The following from Canon's USA Website would suggest that this update is fixing something which 'may' happen rather than an improvement.

1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not first use the center AF point to focus, when the AF point selection is set to automatic in AI Servo AF mode.
              2. Fixes a phenomenon in which focus cannot be finely adjusted with specific lenses when shooting remotely with EOS Utility software.
              3. Corrects some Ukrainian language displayed on the menu for ISO Setting.

I've installed the firmware and not noticed anything different for points 1 & 2 plus I don't often need to check the Ukrainian menus

Enjoy a great Camera!

Bob
              Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Working...
              X