7d issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7d issue

hi guys i have an issue with my 7d not recognising the canon battery also tried 3rd party ones with the same outcome.If the battery is left in the camera over night it's drained by the morning,had a look online and it does seem to affect a few 7d s .Anyone on here experienced this before and any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated .
    Thanks Dave

Re: 7d issue

I had a 7D for about a year and never had issues with it draining the battery - I sold it onto Alan here and as far as I know he was fine as well
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I have the 7D MKII and it seems to be fine. Not having any issues with it. However I do know that if you have the GPS turned on it will drain the battery.

Tom

Comment

Cheers guys,it the 7d mk1 just tried a firmware upgrade but still no joy .not a big issue just wondered if anyone has heard of this before

Comment

As Ian said, I had his old one for about a year and never experienced the issue you're having. I did use Canon and 3rd party batteries
          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Hi Dave,
            I have the 7D Mk1, I use a Canon battery and a cheap 7day shop version both work fine and no overnight drain.
            I know this doesn't help you but hope you get it sorted.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

The same problem occurred with my 7D about 2 years ago, both with Canon and 3rd party batteries. I tried to find a remedy but couldn't so carried on using the camera and just changed/recharged the battery after every photo shot. The only thing I have noticed is that if I leave a partly used battery in it is quite often drained when the camera is next used ( I have now handed the 7D over to my wife as I have upgraded to a Mk11 !!).
              Like Bill I also use the 7dayshop batteries - very good value (saying that they do drain like the original Canon but only when used in the Mk1)

Sorry I can't offer a cure

Dave
              www.trikietowers.com

Comment

Thanks for the input chaps ,think I will be doing the same Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave s View Post
                  hi guys i have an issue with my 7d not recognising the canon battery also tried 3rd party ones with the same outcome.If the battery is left in the camera over night it's drained by the morning,had a look online and it does seem to affect a few 7d s .Anyone on here experienced this before and any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated .
                  Thanks Dave
                  I had the same problem with mine. After several years of using both Canon and third party batteries it suddenly decided that it didn't want to recognize them. There was several suggested 'work arounds' on the internet but frankly all were a load of rubbish. As I need my cameras to be reliable the only real option was to send it for a repair. Apparently there is a circuit board which can become loose (I'm no expert so don't ask how). I sent it to Camera Repair Direct and the cost was £132 as per the copy of their e-mail below. Their service was fast and efficient. The problem was resolved and the issue never arose again. Incidentally the camera once again accepted both Canon and third party batteries.
                  9 Oct 2014
                  We are pleased to tell you that your camera is now repaired. Please
                  would you be kind enough to call the office - best time 10 -4 Monday to
                  Friday - to arrange payment (£132 and return. Many thanks.
                  --
                  Kind Regards
                  Anafia

CAMERA REPAIR DIRECT,
                  UNIT 23 HEWITTS ESTATE,
                  ELMBRIDGE ROAD,
                  CRANLEIGH,
                  SURREY
                  GU6 8LW

01483 542920

Comment