7D mk2 Lightroom Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D mk2 Lightroom Support

I am running Lightroom 4.4 and unfortunately it is not supporting raw files from the 7D mkll. I have downloaded the latest version of LR4 but still no support. Am I not doing something I should or am I being forced to upgrade to LR5. Does anyone know if there is likely to be support at any time?
    Lightroom is my workflow and I do not want to use DPP.

Re: 7D mk2 Lightroom Support

it seems a bit of a poor showing from Abode to update LR5 to import Raw files from the Mk II but not LR4 ....only consolation with LR6 being around maybe the price of LR5 has dropped ?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Upgrade to Lr5 while you can, before it goes annual subscription only? Spend a bit now to save longer term....

Comment

I can't see LR5 going to CC that wouldn't make any sense as LR6 is and you can buy outright as well
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

You can always convert the Raws to DNG (Adobe's standard Raw format, they are still Raw data) using the free Adobe converter and LR44 will then open them.

Note needs Win7 or above. The 7DmkII is supported from version 8.7 on (the current is 9.0).

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
            You can always convert the Raws to DNG (Adobe's standard Raw format, they are still Raw data) using the free Adobe converter and LR44 will then open them.

Note needs Win7 or above. The 7DmkII is supported from version 8.7 on (the current is 9.0).
            Easier said than done! I have just bought the new G3X and have the same problem, but I have found that if Adobe doesn't recognise the file then neither does the DNG converter program. I wonder how long it will take Adobe to update it's readable formats. I just don't like DPP and want to get back to Lightroom.
            A long winded way of doing this is to convert the raw files to jpegs in DPP then edit the jpegs in Lightroom.
            I've even found that Lightroom rejects some of the G3X jpeg files too so it seems to be the only way of using Lightroom at present.

PS. I've just started using the new Lightroom CC but that doesn't recognise the G3X raw files either.
            Last edited by camerasouth; 26-07-2015, 09:56.

Comment

Easier said than done! I have just bought the new G3X and have the same problem, but I have found that if Adobe doesn't recognise the file then neither does the DNG converter program. I wonder how long it will take Adobe to update it's readable formats

when we bought out 7DII's last year, it was about a month before the DNG converter prog and ACR were updated. In the meantime we were forced just to play with the jpegs

stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Working...
              X