second camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: second camera

That is a very nice shot Jeff. It, I think has convinced me to go the 1dmk11 route just need to send off my film SLR's to ffordes to have them checked and priced and will take it from there.

Just out of interest is that cropped or full frame
    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
    Facebook
    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

that will have been cropped in a bit paul ,without going into my backed up files i can't say how much,another shot from the same day same set up .still trying to work out what induced me to sell it .once you move on to these APS-H sensors your hooked ,can't remember the full speed of the 1d2 but i think its around 8fps which will amaze you ,also if your only producing pictures for net viewing as opposed to printing mega sized posted ,even 8mp is adequate .remember as well these are with a 2x t.c on a f4 zoom lens so i/q is degraded fair bit

right on the nose by jeff cohen, on Flickr
      Last edited by the black fox; 04-06-2015, 12:50.

Comment

Thanks the biggest I will be printing is 15"x10", which my 40D manages very well, I'm not worried about it only having 8MP. It will be used for portraits, landscapes and also a bit of wildlife as I have access to a friends 70-200 2.8 and tamron 150-600. It will either become my back up body or will make my 40D my back up.

The main reason for getting a second body is I am starting to get paid sessions and dont want to be without a camera if the 40D breaks, but at the same time don't want to spend too much just incase the paid stuff (which isn't mega bucks) dries up completely. If that makes sense

Flickr
        Facebook

Comment

My biggest regret was selling my first 40D and buying a 50D - I found it noisy from ISO 400 up and only kept it for 10 months before I traded for the 7D I. I then sold our original 400D's and bought another 40D as our back up. So my advice would be another 40D every time

stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Was the 7d any better Stan? I ask as they are coming down in price now, so could potentially be a good stepping stone?
            Paul

Comment

Chalk and cheese - bpth Dee and I used a 7DI for 5 years and only upgraded when the 7DII launched. We still have one 7D as a back up and the 40D

Stan

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                My biggest regret was selling my first 40D and buying a 50D - I found it noisy from ISO 400 up and only kept it for 10 months before I traded for the 7D I. I then sold our original 400D's and bought another 40D as our back up. So my advice would be another 40D every time

stan
                Thanks Stan as much as I like the 40D I have done loads of reading up on the differences between the two and apparently the 1DmkII is better with regards to noise at higher ISO's than the 40D. I think I will get one and if I don't get on with it I can always sell it again and get a second 40D.

The other plus for the 1dmkii is that it is dual slot so when I am shooting for a client I can set the sdcard as a backup drive so I will have a bit of peace of mind if I ever have a card failure
                Last edited by paulr5604; 07-06-2015, 20:07.

Flickr
                Facebook

Comment

Thanks Stan as much as I like the 40D I have done loads of reading up on the differences between the two and apparently the 1DmkII
                  I was more responding to your original thoughts but agree a 1 series would be better at the right price

Stan

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    I was more responding to your original thoughts but agree a 1 series would be better at the right price

Stan
                    Thanks Stan

Just awaiting a final valuation of my film SLR's and then a purchase will be made. There are plenty available it is just finding one that doesn't look like it has been attacked by sandpaper

Flickr
                    Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X