X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5Ds + EFs Lenses

Can the new 5Ds & 5Dsr use EFs Lenses?

Re: 5Ds + EFs Lenses

Not as far as I know, they are full frame cameras and therefore will only support EF lenses not EF-S lenses.
    Last edited by Cyberman; 10-06-2015, 16:06.
    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Opal View Post
      Can the new 5Ds & 5Dsr use EFs Lenses?
      No. EF-S lenses do not physically fit any non-APS format camera. I remember that there used to be instructions floating around the net on how to hack them to fit, occasinally including the warning that they might interfere with the mirror and break it as it travels past - EF-S lenses protrude further back into the mirror box than full frame versions.

Third party crop format lenses should fit (they seem to use the standard EF mount) though it's most likely that they won't cover the frame as the image circle is smaller than a niormal 35mm format lens.
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Don't even try! The mirror will foul the lens and has already been said, the image circle is too small to cover the sensor. EF lenses only. - but they're not all expensive. Start with a 50mm.
        Last edited by collywobbles; 18-06-2015, 13:59.

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Comment

Working...
          X