5Ds and comparison to 5Dsr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5Ds and comparison to 5Dsr

I briefly had my head turned by the idea of getting a Sony A7rII as my next Canon lens camera, but the AF speed of the PDAF Sonys has put me off for now... (Plus they still haven't said if they have stopped the silly lossy Raw compression scheme they have been using):

So here's a few things I've run across in my 5Ds/5Dsr thought processes:
    Firstly is it a good idea?

So that would be a yes then.

Next the camera choice:
    5060万画素のキヤノンEOS 5Dsは、高精細な画像データを必要とする広告写真でこそ活用したいカメラです。35mmシステムならではの機動力をいかしながら、巨大なデータを快適にハンドリングするにはどうすればいいのでしょうか? カメラブレの抑え込み、厳密なフォーカス合わせ、適切なシャープネスの設定、そしてPhoto...

See at 39:00 for moire comparison s/r (BTW Google Translate will translate the subtitles, although it may not help all that much).

Re: 5Ds and comparison to 5Dsr

I for one am looking forward to your mega-pano's from a 5DS ... or are you going for the 5DSR?

Scott
    Scott

500px flickr

Comment

I'm hoping to use it for panos too :-)
      I was thinking of the r but I'm now leaning towards the s (after briefly considering an A7rII last week, but the AF, via the Metabones mk IV adapter, seems to be a show-stopper, pity) as I'm not a big moire fan... the example in the video is probably close to worst-case but all the same it's a pain to remove.
      Also worth a look is the "woodcut" (below the pens in the upper left) in the dpreview studio scene, although no “s” yet:
      Canon has added to its EOS 5D range with the launch of two 50MP cameras, the 5DS and the 5DS R. Both cameras are high-resolution full frame models, primarily aimed at stills photographers. The only difference between the models is that the 'S' has an optical low-pass filter, while the 'S R' has a self-cancelling filter (the same relationship as Nikon's D800 and D800E models shared). We've put both cameras through exhaustive tests. Read our full review to see what we think
      Attached Files

Comment

I may have got the wrong impression about the AF speed of Canon lenses on the A7rII though...
        I had a few moments to record this video and try to show you the focusing speed of the new Sony A7RII using non-Sony lenses. I used my Canon mount Tamron 15-...

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a single universal lens mount and universal speedlight connection? Like light bulbs and water hoses. Camera makers and lens makers could all compete. If Canon made the best body and Nikon the best 100mm macro and Sony the best speedlight, you could mix and match all day. You have a bunch of Nikon lenses and want a 50 megapixel Canon body, it's not problem. Or you want to use your Canon 100-400 on a new Sony A7rII or whatever the new Sony camera is this month, you just buy it and everything works. Now, the camera makers just want you tied to their system. Good for profit. Not so good for consumers.
          Bill
          "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious." -Paul Harvey, 1964

Comment

Dr. Jon. I wanted the most and finest detail I could get. Not a 50 megapixel camera with the pixels slightly blurred. That seems counterproductive. I bought the R model, and in my own testing, I've not had a single moire--or any other French sounding distortion--show up. I've shot suits, dresses, office partition fabrics, carpet. Haven't seen it yet. I'm sure I will, but what I have seen is detail that was not previously possible in my 21 megapixel 5D2.
            Bill
            "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious." -Paul Harvey, 1964

Comment

:Light bulbs? Have you seen how many different fittings you can get these days?

Comment

Working...
              X