50D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50D

As you all have probably been reading, perhaps a new version of the 50D - 60D? - will come out by Christmas. Well it's possible as prices for the 50D have come down quite a lot. This is good for me as my wife bought it for me as an early birthday present a few days ago! (Couldn't wait another few months!)

For those who use this - well it's a nice camera to hold and use - and a better size than the 350D which is a bit small - a bigger viewfinder and of course more detail in the image. That was the most noticeable thing for me. I am now sure Canon will release a newer version, but for me the 50D will last quite a number of years as this camera has everything I need from a camera!

The only thing now is that I might have to buy larger CF cards!
    Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Re: 50D

I would keep hold of that wife if she buys you presents like that.

It's a cracking camera and a big upgrade from a 350D, I'm sure you will enjoy that for many years to come. Bigger CF cards? Small price to pay and at least they are cheap now.

Enjoy.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Congratulations Richard and a happy ,advanced,birthday wishes to you. Yes the 50d is a very nice camera, and I almost bought it in place of the 550d but it was a bit too big and heavy for me, esp as I take two camera bodies with me, when I go away on holidays. I would also suggest that you keep hold of your 350d as a second camera and perhaps with another zoom lens fitted so that you don't have to keep on changing lenses and collecting dust and dirt on to the sensors. I hope to see your new pics taken with the 50d in the very near future.

YOU are indeed very lucky to have a wife who knows your interests. My birthday is next month- a very big one at that but I don't think I will get anything like what you have got. Perhaps I better start leaving some "hints"!- to my wife and two children. I will also give a hint to my one time girl friend and wonder whether she will take the hint and perhaps do better than my WHMBO. Critical test next month!!!!!!!

Nathaniel
      Last edited by Nathaniel; 21-07-2010, 14:30.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel Ramanaden View Post
        I will also give a hint to my one time girl friend and wonder whether she will take the hint and perhaps do better than my WHMBO. Critical test next month!!!!!!!

Nathaniel
        I am sure we are all intrigued!

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Well done for getting the 50D.
          I went down the same path about October last year, packed up the 350 and placed it in the loft. The difference is like chalk and cheese, the 350 produced some great shots for me over the years but the 50D has taken me to a level way above.
          The 350 will come down again at Christmas as daughter is starting Arts & Media at school in Sept for GCSE's and she is including photography. But I suspect I will be told that the 350 is old and "foggie like" and that I will be footing the bill for a 1000D. However, I could always upgrade the 50D to say a MkIII and give her the 50D... now there is a thought....

David
          David

Comment

I bought the 50d earlier this year and am more than happy with it, feels great and produces supurb pictures, the only limitation is my abiity to make the most of its capabilities and I am having fun trying to master them

Comment

We went away over the weekend to the Polish equivalent of the Lake District - Augustow, which is a small town near some very large lakes in the North East of Poland. I have a few photos from that which should suit the new photo challenge. Now looking at the results from the 50D. And as mentioned above by djguk47 the difference IS noticeable. A lot more detail and clarity! Even though I think the 350D is still a great camera, I have noticed a difference, even with the Sigma Lens that I use. Will keep the 350, not really worth selling it. I hope I can do the new camera justice!
              I won't be taking two cameras with me on my holidays - one bag with camera and lenses is enough to deal with - esp as it is really quite hot in Europe at the moment!
              Yes the CF cards are cheap now - thankfully, so I think I might get an 8GB - but already I have 2 4Gb cards and a 2Gb card, however, one can never have enough!!
              Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

Working...
              X