7D MARK II NU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D MARK II NU

Does anybody know what this "NU" designation is which has appeared in amazon for a 7D Mk2?

It also costs about 180 pounds more than the none NU version.

I can only find this on Amazon not on any other sites. Although the same appears also on none UK sites in Germany and France from what I've seen.

I can't find any news about this, either official or unofficial.

Somebody on Amazon specified it could mean "Not UK", but that can't be the case on none UK sites (why would they care) plus the seller on amazon clearly states "UK Model, shipped from UK"

Re: 7D MARK II NU

Could it be text speak for New ?
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I think it means 'body only' ('nu' is French for 'naked'). If you look at a few French dealer sites, you will find 'nu' or 'boitier nu' attached to the end of quite a few different camera names. Can a forum member living in France confirm this?

Not sure why this is being used by a dealer who appears to be based in the UK (though I have not been able to find a postal address).

It is not a Canon designation for a model variant.

I can't comment on the price difference, except to say that I have seen the same book offered on Amazon at prices from 1p to £200!
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I understand what you are saying Robert, but I also see this on Amazon Germany (where I first spotted it, as I am based in Germany). So that doesn't make sense to me and normally in Germany it would be "Gehäuse" for body only.

Although I still haven't found a better explanation!

Comment

Perhaps NU stands for "Not used"! i.e "New"!!!!!!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

If you are using the Chrome browser, go to:

and click on the Translate button at the top of the page – Nikon D750 (boîtier nu) changes to Nikon D750 (body only).

The translate option does not appear to be available in Safari or Firefox.
            Robert
            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Careful Robert, you used the N-word - twice........
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Well I posted a question on Amazon questions and the response was the same as what you stated Robert.

Although people did also state that such a phrase should not be used as it seemed very French specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                  I think it means 'body only' ('nu' is French for 'naked'). If you look at a few French dealer sites, you will find 'nu' or 'boitier nu' attached to the end of quite a few different camera names. Can a forum member living in France confirm this?

Not sure why this is being used by a dealer who appears to be based in the UK (though I have not been able to find a postal address).

It is not a Canon designation for a model variant.

I can't comment on the price difference, except to say that I have seen the same book offered on Amazon at prices from 1p to £200!
                  I'm not in France, but have spent enough time there, and enough money buying cameras over the years, to know you're spot on.
                  Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

Working...
                  X