camera problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: camera problem

50d, nifty fifty, iso100, f4.0, 1/250 internal flash, taken at sunset. 1/200 would have worked just as well

ef-r

Comment

Thanks for responding to my "show us your pics" request. I like that image as I said before, and a picture paints a thousands words

IMO What you are paying through the nose for in many areas of photography is the added flexibility.
      Dont need it ? Don't pay for it would be my advice, for what its worth

Brain, It's good you have 580 series flashgun in case you do need more options

Trev

Comment

I like the onboard flash

I also have a Nissin D622 and the 580EX II which I use when more flash is needed

Here is a picture where I used the flash to light up the castle gatehouse This was taken with the 5d. iso 400, 1/40,f5.6, 24-105@24 - I used a tripod but didn't need too

ef-r

Comment

Here is a picture where I used the flash to light up the castle gatehouse This was taken with the 5d. iso 400, 1/40,f5.6, 24-105@24 - I used a tripod but didn't need too
          Yes you used the flash, but you also used a relatively slow 1/40 sec shutter speed and the building is lit by artificial light.
          The best way to see what the flash actually added would have been to take the same shot with the same settings with the flash turned off.
          Trev

Comment

As a new comer to all things digital, I would not initially mess about with c.fn. Just try and use the green square on mode dial the for starters, and then the other automatic settings. Once you are conversant with this, then you can go on to the creative mode. I myself started with the 350d and used the automatic selections, till I was more comfortable with the camera.In the automatic mode, the flash head will immediately pop up if the light was poor when you take the picture. Then went on to the creative mode. Secondly, you should also read the manual thoroughly; it is generally very helpful to get to know the controls.
            Last edited by Nathaniel; 16-09-2010, 10:47.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Nathaniel - automatic and creative mode use the ambient light to set the shutter speed and aperture - which is where we started from as the shutter speed was a second or so
              ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                Yes you used the flash, but you also used a relatively slow 1/40 sec shutter speed and the building is lit by artificial light.
                The best way to see what the flash actually added would have been to take the same shot with the same settings with the flash turned off.
                Trev
                The flood lighting was no good

Here it is without flash - shutter speed now at 1 second, other setting the same - so flash moved it from 1sec to 1/40th - which is what we are trying to achieve with Jacqui

ef-r

Comment

I like the above (second) shot.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                  X