Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5D2 and 7D Locking Mode Dial

Product advisory from Canon USA.

"Effective December 6, 2010, Canon will start to provide as a chargeable service, a locking mode dial modification for the “EOS 5D MarkII” and “EOS 7D” digital single-lens reflex cameras.

This modification is available, for a fee, to owners of these cameras who would prefer a Mode Dial which locks in place and can’t be accidentally moved during normal camera operation.

For USA residents, the pricing of the locking mode dial modification service for EOS 5D Mark II and 7D cameras has been set at $100 per camera as of December, 2010. (Pricing and availability subject to change without notice.) For further details, see contact information for inquiries below."

So if Canon EMEA do it ... it'll be £100 I guess.

Re: 5D2 and 7D Locking Mode Dial

Ok, since no-one else has replied; I've never known the mode dial to move "accidentally" - So I'll be keeping my £100.00 in my pocket, thanks!

Comment

Is this a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist?

Colin
      Colin

Comment

No. I have had the dial on my 40D move, not that often I grant you and probably not enough to spend £100.

Del
        del

Comment

I always knock my dial - because of that I check it before shooting
          ef-r

Comment

Happens on my G10 ... but haven't noticed it on the DSLRs. But as with others I also check whats what before snapping away.

Going back in time I recall having several SLRs that featured a lift and turn selector. Always thought that a nice touch. Mind you that might have been the Noinks during my 10 years on the dark side.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
              Going back in time I recall having several SLRs that featured a lift and turn selector. Always thought that a nice touch. Mind you that might have been the Noinks during my 10 years on the dark side.
              My Pentax Spotmatic had that. Not on my Canon EOS film cameras
              ef-r

Comment

I can't recall it ever happening on my EOS film, or digital cameras.

Colin
                Colin

Comment

It hasn't happend to mw yet, I'll be hanging on to my money...
                  EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Not something I remember happening to me so no upgrade here

Comment

In the studio, it happens a lot to me. ire a few frames and relise my aperture has moved a couple of thirds!
                      5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_Jim View Post
                        In the studio, it happens a lot to me. ire a few frames and relise my aperture has moved a couple of thirds!
                        Ah but that's not due to the mode dial moving

Comment

I had an A-1, have a 30D and 5Dii, and it never happened on any of them.

Might be that a sport photographer (with several cameras dangling) could possibly have the problem.

Seems like the 5Dii would require quite a bump to move the dial, and the 30D is even stiffer.

G

Comment

I too having bad experience with moved dial on my 7D. It is maybe a good option from Canon but still not sure how much we have to pay here in Malaysia. Looking at US price at 100 and convert it to MYR, it is 300++ !!! Next option is make it a habit to always check the dial.

Comment

Next option is make it a habit to always check the dial.

Yes that's the best way. I try and make a habit of setting my cameras to sensible 'defaults' at the end of the day ... so if i need to grab one at short notice I know it will be correct. But I've learnt to check the selector as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X