Sticky mode dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky mode dial

After a period of non-use, I got my 5D mark 1 out of my backpack, and found that the mode dial has become covered in something sticky. When I move it - there is no problem with it moving- my finger has a black sticky substance on it. Does anyone know what this is and how I can get rid of it please?

Alan
    Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Re: Sticky mode dial

The knurled perimeter of the mode dial on my 5D3 & 5D4 seems to be a rubbery ring - the 40D had hard plastic - I guess it could be the rubber deteriorating with time.

If that is the reason, then I suspect it's time for a trip to a Canon repair centre.

It seems you are not alone.

Last edited by John Liddle; 26-04-2019, 21:27. Reason: added link
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Hi,
      I used surgical spirit, did a good job on my Binoculars and a couple of other rubber coated items.
      Canon 5D Mk III, Canon 1100D, Canon 100mm f2.8 L Macro IS USM, Canon 24-70 f2.8 II, Canon 70-200 f2.8 II USM, Tamron 150-600 f5-6.3 DI VC USD, Manfrotto CX055Pro4 Tripod, Wimberley Gimbal, 430EXII Flashgun, Manfrotto 3N1-25 PL Pro Light Backpack.

Comment

I used surgical spirit
        Thanks for the tip Bill.

The handle and storage box of my Arctic Butterfly (sensor cleaning brush) has got a bit tacky, will give this a try.
        Colin

Comment

Working...
        X