Unbelievable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable!

I spoke too soon. Having just had the EOS40D shutter repair done at Lehmanns, at cost of GBP 165, I power the camera up today to be greeted by the following message: " Err 06 Self cleaning sensor unit malfunction". Any suggestions or is the solution send back to Lehmann's.......... I am totally frustrated with my Canon.

Re: Unbelievable!

Send it back to Lehmanns with a proper complaint. Canon cameras are generally very reliable
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I would ring Lehmanns up and tell them to collect, fix and return at no cost. It sounds like they've disturbed the cleaning mechanism when doing the repair. Sounds like they didn't even do a power on test!

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
        I would ring Lehmanns up and tell them to collect, fix and return at no cost. It sounds like they've disturbed the cleaning mechanism when doing the repair. Sounds like they didn't even do a power on test!
        +1

If it has come back from Lehmanns like that then they need to fix it for free

Comment

I would ring Lehmanns up and tell them to collect, fix and return at no cost.
          Me too.
          If it's down to Lehmanns incompetence, that's shocking service, you're going to be without your camera again.
          Please keep us updated.

Trev

Comment

That just isn't fair. You paid a lot of money and the least they could do was check it out. I'm sure once they here of your new problem they will take it on board to make sure you do not make to many posts like this one. Good luck.

Del
            del

Comment

Sorry to hear about that; I've only had good experiences with Lehmann's...

An initial 'friendly' call will hopefully do the trick...

Good luck...
              I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
              Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I too have very good experiences with Lehemmans. I am sure they will put things right for you. After all as an authorised Canon repairer they would never want their image tarnished in anyway.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I called Lehmann's, they refused to pay the cost of return postage (nearly eight pounds), but have repaired the camera for free. It arrived yesterday so quick turnaround. They told me that "a wire had become detached from the circuit board", they also told me that repairs are guaranteed for 6 months. Camera works, so fingers crossed that's the end of my problems.

Comment

Indeed ... but doesn't say much for Lehmann's QA! How sad they wouldn't even pay the postage

But lets hope you can now enjoy using the camera.

Comment

I wonder how the wire became detached? We will probably never know. Lets just keep our fingers crossed and hope that is the last of your problems and you can just enjoy taking lots of photographs.

del
                      del

Comment

Working...
                      X