Clear All

EOS 600D and 1100D announced

No 6D, 3D, 5D3, 1Dsq ... but as expected a 600D and 1100D

Re: EOS 600D and 1100D announced

Article: here
    ef-r

Comment

It is good to see that newbies are being catered for.Anyway, wonder what happens to the 550d now that 600d has arrived?
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

It's strange but Canon UK still show the EOS's 450, 500 as well as 550 and 600 (Available March 2011).

Comment

A quick look at the spec seems to indicate that the 600d is the 550d (same sensor, same processer, same focus & metering system, same FPS) BUT+ wireless flash control!

Bummer, I got my 550d less than 4 months ago, I'd have held back for this if I'd known . Still, if you always held back for better, you'd never buy anything!
          And to be practical, ignoring the tech envy, I don't do much flash photography (yet) and I love my 550d so I've no real complaint

edit - oops! just noticed the articulated screen - ah well, never mind, I don't use live view or video either.
          Last edited by chardy100; 07-02-2011, 13:28.
          Colin

Kit - 550d, canon 18-135mm & 55- 250mm & 50mm 1.8, tamron 70-300mm VC USD

Comment

Congrats to Canon!!!!!! I am so happy that i didn't buy any body since my 1DsIII, i just bought 550D for my family which i don't consider as a purchase for myself.

I am so happy to go with Medium format and never look back to new DSLR Canon/Nikon.

Comment

Hmmm .................... I am probably missing something here!

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Tareq View Post
                Congrats to Canon!!!!!! I am so happy that i didn't buy any body since my 1DsIII, i just bought 550D for my family which i don't consider as a purchase for myself.

I am so happy to go with Medium format and never look back to new DSLR Canon/Nikon.
                Which medium format?
                ef-r

Comment

I seem to remember Blad.

Hope they are a lot more reliable than when I used to use them.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

There is the new 40mp Pentax as well
                    ef-r

Comment

Thankfully no 5DMkII replacement.......hence evil temptation leaves me alone for a little longer...long live the 50D.
                      when I get time to use it!
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                        Thankfully no 5DMkII replacement.......hence evil temptation leaves me alone for a little longer...long live the 50D.
                        when I get time to use it!
                        lol, forget the 5DMKIII just get the 5DMKII, you know you want to :tongue:

Comment

Anyway, how can you consider a 5DmkIII when the 5DmkIV will clearly be so much better... ;-)
                          (Yes, just joking.)
                          Actually I was more interested to see they've replaced the 18-55 IS, which is a very sharp lens, I wonder how they improved it?
                          Oh, and if anyone sees me going anywhere near a 500f4II please rugby tackle me... get me drunk... then put me in a Taxi home...
                          (My new car will be rolling up 2-3 days before focus, which I'll be visiting on my birthday, so no money and a temptation to spend... that's so not going to end well...)

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
                            Oh, and if anyone sees me going anywhere near a 500f4II please rugby tackle me... get me drunk... then put me in a Taxi home...
                            I'll do that but after you've bought the 500f4II....

Comment

Canon 600D
                              18Mp picture resolution
                              Full HD 1080p video
                              3.7 shots per second image capture
                              on-screen feature guide
                              creative filters
                              1,040k-dot 3-inch rotatable Live View LCD screen
                              9-point autofocus area
                              new 18-55mm IS II kit lens
                              available April 2011, £769 (with kit lens)

While the EOS 600D can capture 3.7fps, the higher-end EOS 60D can manage 5.3fps. Top of the group is the EOS 7D, which can capture 8fps

I see Canon is start to listen to us about the Articulated screens.

The 600D link http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canoneos600d/
                              also http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/02/...d-dslr-244103/ looks better with a 18-135mm kit lens

And the Canon 1100D
                              12.2 million effective pixels
                              Last edited by Michael.K; 08-02-2011, 10:53.
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

Working...
                              X