Canon Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Service

I sent my 50d off for a full clean and adjustment on Tuesday and got it back today, Friday. Cant beat that for turnaround.

Cost cost, including focussing screen £79
    Last edited by briansquibb; 11-02-2011, 17:19.
    ef-r

Re: Canon Service

where did you send it Brian?

Comment

Canon
      ef-r

Comment

What adjustments did you have done?

Comment

Just AF calibration
          ef-r

Comment

I ran off some pictures and fond they were a bit soft. I then did the micro adjust routine and fount the camera needed -10 on all lens to get it sharp.

Worth remembering if your pictures are not as sharp as expected.

This only applies to AF not manual focus
            ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
              I ran off some pictures and fond they were a bit soft. I then did the micro adjust routine and fount the camera needed -10 on all lens to get it sharp.

Worth remembering if your pictures are not as sharp as expected.

This only applies to AF not manual focus
              I took some photos of a coke can yesterday with my Tamron macro lens, auto focus was rubbish, had to manual focus it, but same lens on your 5d focusing was spot on...... just confirms what I always thought, my 50d is not focusing properly...............

Comment

Try the microfocus
                ef-r

Comment

So is the AF much improved? I clean the camera myself but the focus is sometimes off with my 100 macro - I keep thinking about sending it for a check and wondered what they would charge...... I might try that.
                  5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

AF is fine - now that the microfocus has been adjusted they are coming out sharp
                    ef-r

Comment

Did you have to tell them what levels of AF adjustment you did?
                      5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

No - this is a standard service element
                        ef-r

Comment

Here is an example after the50d microfocus adjustment

50d, 24-105@ 84, f6.3, 1/125, iso 100

Last edited by briansquibb; 16-02-2011, 20:02.
                          ef-r

Comment

My 24-105 is already razor sharp with zero adjustment. It's only the 100 macro I worry about.

Looks like you have a red band running down the shadow side of the face and neck there Brian? Was there a reflector used? Might jujst have been in the wrong position.
                            Last edited by EOS_Jim; 17-02-2011, 02:53.

Comment

Try doing the microfocus for the macro lens
                              ef-r

Comment

Working...
                              X