Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS 1D MkII battery needed - advice please

Guys,

I've just come back to this forum after my account lapsed when the forum moved to a new provider a few years back.

I'm hoping I can tap in to a bit of advice. My EOS 1D MkII batteries are showing their age now and I need to replace them. When I first bought the camera, I bought an additional battery from www.7dayshop.com and this item lasted for a couple of years but never really performed that well. I replaced that recently with another one from the same dealer but I now reckon it had sat on the shelf for a long time becuase it doesn't really hold a charge at all well and lets me down at the worst of times. So now all my batteries are showing signs of internal resistance and discharging on the shelf. I've tried the conditioning mode on the charger but this doesn't seem to help.

I'm after buying one or 2 replacement batteries (NP-E3) can anyone recomend a reliable source at a reasonable price? (I've found lots of sources via google but would appreciate a personal recommendation)

many thanks,

Si

Re: EOS 1D MkII battery needed - advice please

Hi Si
    Just had a quick look and Warehouse Express offer the NP-E3 battery pack for £121.99.
    I've had good service from them.I'm sure others will have alternate suggestions.

Good luck

DaveH

Comment

Thanks, Dave. I'm prepared to gamble one more time on a generic NP-E3 replacement, so I guess at this point I'm asking if anyone has a good experience with one. If the circa £30 alternative doesn't work out (and it'll take a few months for me to realise this, so I'll get some value out of it over our family summer hols) then I'll bite the bullet and get an original Canon one at £120+.

Si

Comment

I have bought my EOS spare battery from http://www.digi-quick.co.uk always been top quality and a good price.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
        Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
        Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Working...
        X