EOS 50D error 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS 50D error 30

Has anyone else had error 30 faults on their 50D. I origanaly had error 99, but after the firmware ugrade it then went to 30. This is a shutter fault. It started just occasionally, but then happened more and more until the camera was almost unusable. This happened when used in the Hi Drive mode. The camera would freeze with the mirror up, which would then release after a couple of seconds. The LCD would show error 30. Once the power button was recycled the camera would work until the next error. I read somewhere that some one else had had this problem at around 7000 shutter operations, about the same as mine. The camera has been back to Canon and the shutter replaced under warrenty. Is this a common fault with the 50D

Re: EOS 50D error 30

KayJay,

See here - Canon UK Support
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Re: EOS 50D error 30

Hi Bawbee
      Thanks for that, I had already seen it and I did what it said, i.e. took it to Canon for repair. Had it back 2 days now and it seems ok. I was more interested if other 50Ds had had the same error as I had read about a couple on the internet. Is there a trend of shutter problems.

Comment

Working...
      X