Struggling with a 40D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Struggling with a 40D

The photos dont look as if they have been sharpened - what do you do in the way of post processing? The default for the style such as faithful are to leace sharpness at 5 - not sharp at all
    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
      The photos dont look as if they have been sharpened - what do you do in the way of post processing? The default for the style such as faithful are to leace sharpness at 5 - not sharp at all
      I normally do sharpen them, i run them through Adobe Lightroom and make any corrections i need, i will run them trough now and repost them
      EOS 7D, Canon 24-105 EF , Sigma 70-200 2.8 HSM OS, 430EX II , Canon 17-55 2.8

Comment

Servers seem to be struggling will post them again shortly its not letting me add them to the post

Here is the link to the processed set
        Last edited by gibsonk; 26-06-2011, 17:23.

Comment

Originally posted by gibsonk View Post
          Servers seem to be struggling will post them again shortly its not letting me add them to the post

Here is the link to the processed set
          Still cant add pictures to the post ???????????

Comment

It is still not right is it, given you bought it from a dealer I think they should sort something, either repair or refund (difficult as you did a P/X) if they insist that everything is OK I would reject it as not fit for purpose. If you think that they will put up an objection, a visit to the CAB beforehand may be worth wile.
            Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH H View Post
              It is still not right is it, given you bought it from a dealer I think they should sort something, either repair or refund (difficult as you did a P/X) if they insist that everything is OK I would reject it as not fit for purpose. If you think that they will put up an objection, a visit to the CAB beforehand may be worth wile.
              Hopefully they will be ok about it, they did PX it with a 6 month Warranty on it all, LCE have always been quite good with any issues i have had, will try and get it swapped out for a Sigma or Tamron 17-50 f2.8.

Many thanks to all of you for your help it has been really appreciated, i just needed to confirm it wasn't just me and there is an issue .

Will let you know how i get on !!

Comment

Well my local shop changed out my lens with no questions, it has been replace by a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 VC, they didn't have or could get the non VC unfortunately .

Here is a link to a new set with this lens, it seems to be a marked difference to me, not quite up too the Nikon 18-70 but still good enough.

Comment

As you say a marked improvement, glad you got things sorted out OK

Comment

A 40D and that Tamron lens in perfect working order V a d80 18-70 ?
                    I think you’ve made a wise decision. Welcome to the bright side !

Trev

Comment

Glad you got things sorted out.
                      I had a look at your Flickr photostream - IQ is a lot better now

Mike
                      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                        A 40D and that Tamron lens in perfect working order V a d80 18-70 ?
                        I think you’ve made a wise decision. Welcome to the bright side !

Trev
                        d80 is no match for the 40D but the 18-70 really is a spectacular little lens, shame the non VC version of the Tamron was not available thats a bit special for what it is

Comment

That is much better, I am pleased that you have got a suitable replacement.
                          A lot of my EOS kit came from the second hand dpt. of LCE in the Strand, I have always had great customer service from them though touch wood I have not had to return anything. Further proof that it is worth paying slightly more for a second hand cameras from a reputable dealer offering a decent warranty that will be honoured if needed.
                          Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X