BBF problem on 6D mkII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBF problem on 6D mkII

I thought I had set BBF on my camera - and I have, but what I haven't managed to do is separate BBF from the shutter button.

I've arrived at the custom controls via. the C.Fn III (4) and the 'Q' screen and have followed the instructions as I see them, and I get BBF. But if I move the camera slightly it refocuses when I depress the shutter button.

What am I doing wrong, or what have I misinterpreted?

On the customize buttons menu....you go to the shutter button and set it to 'Metering Start'...........not 'Metering and AF start'...........otherwise it will refocus as you describe.

That's from my R menu which I think is very similar...hope that helps.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

It does indeed, thanks. Just going to check it out this morning. Now to find out why my STM 24-105 seems to have stopped manual focusing.

Comment

Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
        On the customize buttons menu....you go to the shutter button and set it to 'Metering Start'...........not 'Metering and AF start'...........otherwise it will refocus as you describe.

That's from my R menu which I think is very similar...hope that helps.
        Would it refocus if one still has a thumb on the BBF button??

Paul

Comment

It would stay as focussed if you keep your thumb on the BBF button.....then you can use either option but personally I like BBF to lock focus so I can release and adjust composition and exposure settings.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

As has been well said, it 'should' only focus when you press your BBF button - took me a little bit to get used to it on my EOS R (C2, set as Tv for shooting moving subjects etc). There is quite a lot that you can do to customise the camera controls to your needs. Since I'm experementing with video for example I found that you can use the Picture Style editor to create your own 'look' and share this across multiple cameras. As while it's great that mine has C-Log the EOS M50 and G7X III does not. I only found that little tip from the guys and gals at the Canon Live Chat thingy, really impressed at the service - https://www.canon.co.uk/canonlive/li...rce=bigpicture

Comment

Working...
            X