Help needed with a 550D!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with a 550D!

As you know I have recently replaced my 50D for a 7D, but have also bought a 550D as a back-up! (wife must not know).My question is can you display the focus point on the LCD when playing back images?? as I could on the 50D & can on the 7D or if not is there a way to view it in Canon`s software?? Any help would be appreciated!
    Regards Eddie.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Help needed with a 550D!

can you display the focus point on the LCD when playing back images?? as I could on the 50D
    Is this true ??? I have not seen how to do this on my 50D. I know you can when using DPP but not seen anything in the manuals about being available on the 50D LCD screen.

David
    David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
      Is this true ??? I have not seen how to do this on my 50D. I know you can when using DPP but not seen anything in the manuals about being available on the 50D LCD screen.

David
      David, on the second images screen in the main menu (blue box with 2 white dots) the second option is AF point display set this to enabled and you can see the focus points on the LCD

Comment

David, Yes it is true!! but I am trying to find out if you can somehow get this to work on a 550d??????
        Regards Eddie.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

THUMBS UP

Thanks Muscat & Eddie... looks like the expression about old dogs and new tricks is completely false...
          or maybe there is none so blind as those who do not look..

Now for the question..... how many actually use this feature???

David
          David

Comment

OK enabled the AF point on the LCD...just looked at some of the shots I took today and have decided that my focus point skills are absolute CR*P .... no wonder I produce so much rubbish which I could have deleted at the time of taking....

David
            David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
              THUMBS UP

Thanks Muscat & Eddie...Now for the question..... how many actually use this feature???
              Well I use it all the time! I always shoot, then immediately check the focus point followed by the histogram.
              Regards Eddie.

Comment

I use it in conjunction with the histograms all the time.

Edd1e sorry I can not help with the 550d as I have never had one

Comment

Hi Eddie

I have a 550D, and I think the feature you're after is not available! I have checked both the Canon manual, and Charlotte Lowrie's guide and can find nowhere that mentions AF points being displayed on the LCD.

Sorry! All the best, Mike.
                  flickr
                  5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thank you Mike for the info. I have come to the same conclusion, its just a feature that I really like to have. To me it is as important as the histogram!
                    Regards Eddie.

Comment

Working...
                    X