EOS90D Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS90D Focus

I have a 90D and am finding my images tend to be on the soft side. There seems to be a number of ongoing discussions on various photography websites (admittedly many on the other side of the pond) about this issue, many being explained by the fact that the 32.5mp sensor in the 90D requires high quality lenses and that some older lenses along with 'kit' lenses are not up to the job. One contributor sent his 90D back to Canon who re-aligned the sensor under warranty. I don't believe Canon would introduce an EFS cropped sensor model that only works at its best when used with 'L' series EF glass as some are recommending. There also seems to be a difference of opinion by Canon Marketing and Canon Technical, Marketing say EF-S lenses are OK, Technical saying the better quality lens you use the better quality images you'll get. That's a bit like telling me if I hit myself over the head with a hammer the harder I hit the more it'll hurt.
    Basically the question is:- are other 90D users suffering out of focus images?
    sceneitsnappedit

Yes just bought 90 D and having the same problem although have worked out that focus is OK using Live View, but that's not how I want to use it. Was wondering if Micro adjusting all my lenses would solve the problem.

How are you getting on as I see it's been 3 months.

Comment

I have a 90D and my favourite lens is the 18-135 I got as a kit lens in 2013. I don't think I have any problems with focus, but I do find it a greater challenge to keep it steady, possibly because of the smaller pixels.
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

When I spoke to Nina Bailey about this, she replied that because of the high pixel count and viewing on large screens, slightly out of focus or motion blur would show up. Her answer was to increase the shutter speed to prevent any motion blur.
        Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
        http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

I am given to understand that there is a phenomena with very high pixel count sensors called "Pixel Creep". In essence, where the subject is moving, there is a tendency for that movement to be recorded across pixels.

This can usually be resolved by using a shutter speed higher than you would normally tend to use. An increase of one stop is usually enough.
          Colin

Comment

Working...
          X