Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brenski
    replied
    i don't have a different camera body to try. which is why i went for the lens option

Leave a comment:

• antoeknee
    replied
    Originally posted by brenski View Post

but two different Samyang 14mm lenses - two different image issues?
    going to try with kit lens tonight and see what happens
    Thought the shape of the artifacts was quite similar myself. Trying a different body will help to eliminate one or the other.

Leave a comment:

• brenski
    replied
    Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
    Think might be worth trying on a different camera. This will help you to ident if the issue is the lens or your camera.
    but two different Samyang 14mm lenses - two different image issues?
    going to try with kit lens tonight and see what happens

Leave a comment:

• antoeknee
    replied
    Think might be worth trying on a different camera. This will help you to ident if the issue is the lens or your camera.

Leave a comment:

• brenski
    replied
    just a quick update on this:

I’d had a few issues with my Samyang 14mm F/2.8 lens. the “trident-shaped” glare to images (on my Canon 200d). (see image 1) prompted me to contact Samyang.

So, off it went to Samyang’s (Intro 2020) Service HQ UK. After inspection they concluded that there were problems with the lens – but as it was out of warranty, they could replace it with a shiny bright MkII version (complete with focus lock) for a reduced price.

However, after play-testing, images appear to have a curious (different) mis-shape to them (see image 2). I was assured by Intro 2020 that the MkII is a great lens, and I have contacted them, but while i await their reply, is there anything else i can try to be sure. could this be the camera itself? or have i just been unlucky with two lenses?

1.jpg

2.jpg

some please help

Leave a comment:

• brenski
    replied
    hopefully the attached gives a better close-up of the problem...even the background (barely-visible) stars have the same problem.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• brenski
    started a topic 200D - with Samyang 14mm - strange star shapes

200D - with Samyang 14mm - strange star shapes

Hoping someone may be able to advise. Of my three samyang lenses: 14mm, 85mm and 135mm, one - the 14mm appears to create these strange star shapes:

i'm not imaging above 20secs, and aperture is set at F/2.8. could the lens be faulty? or is this an "infinity" issue? this does not occur with the other two lenses.

thanks for any advice.

here's the crop:
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...
X