EOS digital cameras for photographers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS digital cameras for photographers.

I’m sure I am not the only one? But is there anyone else that doesn’t give two hoots about a cameras video specs/performance?

I have used my EOS camera may be once or twice to record video in nearly 10 years. Yet I have take thousands of still images.

I get the impression (rightly or wrongly?) that the price of new mirrorless cameras seems to be increasing possibly due to satisfying the bigger and better video performance?

Given I am not interested in the video performance I would very much like a camera for photography, yet most reviews hardly mention that angle, they all concentrate on the video performance and codecs and frames per second at 4k etc.

I find it depressing to be forced down the route of having to use an electronic viewfinder when I’ve been quite happy looking through an optical one for many decades… yes I’m an old geezer who started at a young age….

Thanks and regards
    Steve

Fully agree although can see the advantage of the electronic viewfinder, I have never used any of my cameras for video. Having said that, I do a lot of video work but use a dedicated camcorder.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Philofaxy View Post
      I'm sure I am not the only one? But is there anyone else that doesn't give two hoots about a cameras video specs/performance?

Thanks and regards
      Steve
      I don't... Sadly the trend these days seems to be about cramming as many features and options as possible into any piece of kit where it's even vaguely possible to stick a microchip - a sort of jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none syndrome. Trouble is it makes the item in question increasingly complicated to understand and use... As a result one of my favourite digital cameras to use is my now digitally ancient D30 - by modern standards it's practically a moron but it's very easy to remember how to make it do what things it can do without having to consult some massive multi-page reference manual or online app...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I had this discussion with one of the Canon ambassadors - basically it doesn't really cost any more to add the video stuff as it's all software related, so once the body is built it's the sake of a tick box to the software upload. I have yet to use video and have actually set my video switch to another function on the R3

.DAVID.
        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Working...
        X