R7: Delete RAW and JPEG from Separate Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R7: Delete RAW and JPEG from Separate Cards

I have an R7 and have it configured to store JPEG files on card 1 and RAW files on card 2. Is there any way to configure the Erase function on the camera to delete both the JPEG on card 1 and the associated RAW file on card 2 at the same time? At the moment, erase is only deleting the JPEG on card 1 leaving the RAW file untouched on card 2.

I suspect not, certainly not at the same time. The only suggestion I can think of is to configure the R7 to record both raw and jpg to card one. Plus auto switch cards when card 1 is full such that you then record raw and jpg to card 2. Hopefully this will give you the ability to deleted both associated images at the same time without losing the ability to record both raw and jpg.
    Personally I would just shoot in raw to card 1 with auto switching to card 2 when card 1 is full.
    The camera will still display a jpg version of the raw file when you view an image on the camera screen. IHTH
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Looking at the online manual I can't see any obvious way to erase files on the two cards simultaneously. I suspect Peter is right and the only way to erase associated RAW & JPEG files it to keep them on the same card.

One of the main reasons for offering the option of saving the same image to 2 different card is to ensure that if anything happens to the image on card 1, eg image corruption or accidental erasure etc., you will still have a backup image on card 2 - offering the option of simultaneous deletion on both cards would rather defeat the object...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
      X