R5 problem in bright sunlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R5 problem in bright sunlight

Recently bought the R5 and some lenses to supplement my eos 1dx3. I have problems in bright sunlight looking through the viewfinder as I have photochromatic lenses that darken in bright light so that I can't see anything trough the viewfinder as it shows a very dark image. You might say 'well get some normal lenses that don't darken' but I am used to using the viewfinder and prefer it to looking at the screen at the back of the camera. Is there a solution other than spending £150+ on another set of glasses
    Andre

can you not just remove your glasses and use the dioptre wheel at the side of the viewfinder to adjust
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I use photochromic glasses and have had no issues with the viewfinder on my R6m2, in some lighting conditions you have to use it as you cannot see the back screen very well. There is a brightness adjustment for the viewfinder and screen so it would be worth checking out that. I don’t know about the R5 but mine has a manual adjustment fir the screen brightness and an auto/manual setting for the viewfinder, mine is on auto.

If you do increase the brightness it is a good idea to have the exposure histogram displayed as you won’t be able to rely on the displayed image.

Ian
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thanks for responding, first of all i have just tried the dioptre adjustment and yes I can adjust it to my eyesight so thanks again I totally forgot it was there. I'll also have a look at the brightness settings for the viewfinder.

thanks again

Andre

Comment

Long time since I've seen you post anything on here Andre, I hope you're well
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
          X