Problem - R5 downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem - R5 downloading

R5 - I normally take RAW and JPEG, have had no problems. Now for some strange reason when I download the images on the camera to the computer the first one displays as both RAW and JPEG everyone there after as JPEG only. I can normally sort things out but just can't seem to get to grips with this one - Any suggestions
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Do you have Raw and JPEGs together on both cards…or JPEGs on one and Raw on the other?
    what is your download method….reader, cable or directly into the computer card reader?
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Only ever select Raw on my R5 so sorry can't help, where are you looking at the images Application or Explorer /Finder and are they there will be interested in this thread to see the outcome good luck

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
        Do you have Raw and JPEGs together on both cards…or JPEGs on one and Raw on the other?
        what is your download method….reader, cable or directly into the computer card reader?
        Hi Brian.
        Settings in Yellow Tag - Rec Option -Standard. Record/Play -Card 1. I download by cable, this only started today, used the camera in Scotland at the weekend no problems. BTW, Image quality setting - RAW, S2
        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

I think the yellw tag card 1 option is used for the camera LCD display.

I take the cards out and put them directly into the computer ...probably not good for wearing the contacts.

Sorry...drawn a blank...full reset perhaps?

Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

A couple of thoughts Trev.

Do you know if the camera is recording RAW images and not downloading or is it not recording RAW at all so they are not available to download?
            I found that my EOS-R had a propensity for suddenly changing menu setting in all sorts of places, it would do this in between adjacent pics. Are your settings still as you originally set them?
            Has a problem occurred with the SD card? It might be worth putting the card directly into the computer if you can to see exactly what is on it

can’t help on the menu setting as the R6m2 is different

Ian
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Originally posted by Farider View Post
              A couple of thoughts Trev.

Do you know if the camera is recording RAW images and not downloading or is it not recording RAW at all so they are not available to download?
              I found that my EOS-R had a propensity for suddenly changing menu setting in all sorts of places, it would do this in between adjacent pics. Are your settings still as you originally set them?
              Has a problem occurred with the SD card? It might be worth putting the card directly into the computer if you can to see exactly what is on it

can’t help on the menu setting as the R6m2 is different

Ian
              Hi Ian. Thanks for replying, I think this is a camera fault, No problem if I set camera to take RAW only. RAW only it will be, can't be bothered sending the thing back for repair.
              Quite honestly I don't know why I take RAW and JPEG.

Trev
              Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Some of these faults/problems are making me think I won't bother with mirrorless, well not Canon anyway, a few in local bird hides are less than complimentary, one suggested they were launched without doing the testing properly first.
                Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

All sorted. Its the Card - SanDisk Extreme Pro CFexpress 64GB. Changed the card, all working shipshape.

Many Thanks Alan, Brian, Burnie, Ian for your input.
                  Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                    All sorted. Its the Card - SanDisk Extreme Pro CFexpress 64GB. Changed the card, all working shipshape.

Many Thanks Alan, Brian, Burnie, Ian for your input.
                    Glad it is all sorted Trev.
                    Perhaps the CFexpress card is under guarantee?
                    I purchased a CF extreme pro card for my 5Div - it arrived yesterday and I think it has a year guarantee.
                    Rose

Comment

I'm still in touch with Jeff Cohen, he is using Olympus and has done for four years, lighter/cheaper and his work looks pretty good to me. I can't decide whether I need a dslr these days, contemplating a Go-pro 12 to supplement my Canon C100 mkii for video work, I'll no doubt change my mind again before long lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                        I'm still in touch with Jeff Cohen, he is using Olympus and has done for four years, lighter/cheaper and his work looks pretty good to me. I can't decide whether I need a dslr these days, contemplating a Go-pro 12 to supplement my Canon C100 mkii for video work, I'll no doubt change my mind again before long lol.
                        Burnie, Give my regards to Jeff when you see him.
                        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post

Burnie, Give my regards to Jeff when you see him.
                          I will pass on your regards, I doubt I will see him, but will be phoning him.

Comment

Working...
                          X