Canon R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon R1

Well, the teasing from Canon has started and although details are very sparse, it looks encouraging. Still a bit of a wait until they are accepting orders and deliveries not expected until 4th quarter, but I expect the specs to be trickled out over the coming weeks.

I am actually quite amazed that Canon have been able to keep the lid on the specs. Previously they would have been leaked to the rumour sites months ago.
    Colin

I don’t think they will be teasing me Colin. I don’t quite know how I would approach the subject. Looking across at the good lady who’s spent the last half hour moaning about this quarters telephone bill and the price of cheese. So, I will give it a miss.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
      I don’t think they will be teasing me Colin. I don’t quite know how I would approach the subject. Looking across at the good lady who’s spent the last half hour moaning about this quarters telephone bill and the price of cheese. So, I will give it a miss.
      You could always give up eating cheese and save the money, you would most probably be able to afford the R1 in a year.

Comment

We ought to have a sweepstake on here to see who can get nearest to the price it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
          We ought to have a sweepstake on here to see who can get nearest to the price it will be.
          Will this mean who ever gets nearest to the price - you will buy them the camera has their prize

my bid is —— £7300
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post

Will this mean who ever gets nearest to the price - you will buy them the camera has their prize

my bid is —— £7300
            No, sorry to disappoint Trev, but a pound a head and all the members on here we might get near it. My bid £9,999.

Comment

A few months ago over £8,000 was being banded about, but with some very fine competition from Nikon and Sony, I think Canon needs to be realistic and pitch it at around £6,900.
              Colin

Comment

My guess is £6500 or around the 1DX Mk 3 price
                Last edited by 2Beers; 17-05-2024, 21:02.
                Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

The R3 is currently about £5000 ,about £5900 a year ago. Can't believe the R1 will be anything less than £8500.
                  Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Allegedly a retailer jumped the gun with the specs and put up:
                    • High-speed autofocus and exposure enhanced by AI recognition
                    • Moving object trajectory prediction, high success rate smart object lock focus tracking
                    • 30 MP full-frame stacked dual-gain sensor
                    • Purely electronic rolling shutter faster than any mechanical rolling shutter
                    • 1/1,250 sec flash sync time (<0.8 microsecond read time)
                    • Added 1:3 lossy compression CRAW (compared to lossless compression)
                    • Unlimited 40 fps (1:2 CRAW) / 60fps (1:3 CRAW) continuous shooting
                    • Up to 120 fps full-featured continuous shooting
                    • Supports 240 fps burst continuous shooting mode, 1 second pre-shooting
                    • Enhanced dynamic range, better than EOS R3 and EOS R5
                    ​Although who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
                      Allegedly a retailer jumped the gun with the specs and put up:.
                      I understand that was Adorama and it was taken down fairly quickly.

It was a copy of the spec posted by Chinese i8 888 poster. He is good at posting Patent applications, but his track record elsewhere on specifications tends to be suspect. There are quite a few items within that spec that I would like to see, but I won't get too worked up unless I hear it direct from Canon.

Colin

Comment

Working...
                      X