Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon 1D X

Hi All,

Some more 1DX videos. I think I've definitely gotta sell the missus into the white slave trade!

TTFN,
    Neil
    Neilly's Flickr Page
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Got to be the upgrade for the 5DII !!
      ef-r

Comment

The more I read about the Canon 1DX the more I'm interested.
        Two Digic5 processors plus one dedicated Digic4 for metering and AF control sounds impressive.
        The new 61-point wide-area autofocus system also sounds impressive.

One question though - At a price of approx £5300 do they really only send one battery and the basic Canon camera strap?

Originally posted by nastynegs View Post
        Think I'll start saving for the 1DX MK2
        The 1DX mark IV for me I'm afraid unless I win the lottery.

Comment

I'd wait (if you can) 9-12 months when hopefully the price will come down a bit. Until then they will be um, what's a politer way of saying gouging, ah, getting the development costs back from, the early adopters, press agencies and anyone else for whom the feature set is compelling.

Also in that period there will surely be another lower-cost full-frame camera of some sort (3D, 5DmkII, whatever).

Look at the 70-300L, it was very hard to get for less than £1600 for that long but now can be had for £1000 (from Amazon) and £1100 (from lots of people). Oh, I'm still not getting one though, too dark at the long end for the money for me, but I'm sure some people love them and that's the way it should be.

BTW a new record, when I bought my 100mm macro the L one came out 6 weeks later. When I got the 85/1.2 Canon announce a new one one week later. On the up side it's a film one so much less use to me, plus not out for ages and will probably cost a bomb. I do love that they have gone from F to T though, so we can see how they really perform.

John

Comment

Working...
          X