Online Suppliers for EOS DSLRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Suppliers for EOS DSLRs

I have just found www.panamoz.com on the interweb and am amazed at how much lower their prices are compared to the likes of Park Cameras, Jessops, Warehouse Express etc.
    Examples: EOS 7D body £890.00 and EOS 60D body £595.00 and with no additional charges other than delivery.
    Have any of you had any dealings with Paramoz and if so what are/were your impressions and why are they so much less expensive than everyone else?
    I'd be very interested in what any of you think.
    Regards
    John
    Last edited by Texas; 21-10-2011, 11:23. Reason: Wrong spelling of Panamoz

Re: Online Suppliers for EOS DSLRs

I've never heard of Paramoz, Texas
    I have bought quite a few lenses from Onestop Digital in the past and find them a lot cheaper, quick delivery times and free postage.

Mike
    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Well I've just visited the site and this bit of text caught my eye, "This domain name expired on Oct 03 2011 06:37AM".

Comment

Hi
        I looked them up, and yes they are advertising cheap but I would not recommend them.
        Last edited by Hereford_EOS2; 21-10-2011, 17:45.

Comment

Try MPB - secondhand from a reputable dealer is an alternative way to go - check they come with warantee though, MPB is 3 months

Bought a lot of stuff from them - all good - including an as new 7D
          ef-r

Comment

I think the name is actually Panamoz and they are definately worth a google.
            Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
              I think the name is actually Panamoz and they are definately worth a google.
              OOPS!
              I have edited my post and spelled (spelt?) it correctly now.
              Thanks for pointing it out
              John

Comment

am amazed at how much lower their prices are compared to the likes of Park Cameras, Jessops, Warehouse Express etc.
                You'd be better off comparing this company with other Hong Kong based web retailers like Digital rev, Onestop digital etc.
                Prices look good though !

Trev

Comment

Looks like they are basedin Hong Kong so could be problems if anything went wrong.

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Stan has made the point very well .................. if anything went wrong!

We have had members extoll the virtues of on line company's and how much money they have saved, sometimes because they haven't paid VAT. You can have a knock on your door for up to 7 years by the authorities and they also have access to all UK Taxes paid serial numbers for if you go, or come back from abroad. We have also heard very sorry tales of maintenance problems, taking ages to sort.

There are reputable ones out there where you can minimise the risk, Kerso and Digital Rev appear to have very good reputations, but I am not much of a gambler. So I pay a little extra and get the full support you would expect from using a Canon Pro Dealer.

Colin
                    Colin

Comment

As they say if it sounds too good to be true it probably is... If you were to take the camera abroad and customs checked it you could well end up paying any VAT owed then, or have it confiscated..
                      Canon 1DX Canon EOS 1D Mark 1V Canon EOS 7D Mk 11 EOS 5D Canon EF800mm f5.6 IS Canon EF500mm f4 Mark 11 Canon EF400mm f4 IS DO EF300 f2.8 IS Canon EF 200mm f2 IS Canon EF100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS Canon EF100mm IS F2.8 Canon EF24-70 F2.8 Canon EF16-35 f4 Mk11 Canon EF15mm Fisheye Canon 1.4 tele converter 111 Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
                        Hi
                        I looked them up, and yes they are advertising cheap but stay away.
                        They are dodgy.
                        Stephen,

Could you pass on your facts (web references, links, etc.) to back up your statement that they are 'dodgy'?

Bob
                        Bob Turner
                        Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
                          Could you pass on your facts (web references, links, etc.) to back up your statement that they are 'dodgy'?
                          Bob, my statement saying "dodgy" is incorrect (I have amended that) but just say that I would not recommend them nor will I buy from them.
                          I looked them up 2/3 months ago and was attracted by their prices, quite a large saving compared to UK retailers.
                          I even created an account before delving a little as I was attracted by the large savings, I soon changed that.
                          The more I researched them the more negative feedbacks appeared. I know that whoever you search then you'll always find negative feedback but something just did not feel good.
                          Then I found an image of their office ............. well .... I would not buy from there.

I won't put links as a quick search on Google will find the pages that I found. Just type Panamoz and click search.

A company trading as PANAMOZ LTD with an office based at Catford in the borough of Lewisham was dissolved on 02 Aug 2011.
                          Is this the same company? Company House details
                          Feel free to buy from them.
                          Last edited by Hereford_EOS2; 21-10-2011, 17:59.

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                            ... So I pay a little extra and get the full support you would expect from using a Canon Pro Dealer.

Colin
                            I am with you on that Colin. The thought of taking the chance just to save a few quid on a camera that costs the thick end of four grand strikes me as daft.
                            Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Try HDEW cameras always a good price & back up suport from them.
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
                              Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
                              Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Working...
                              X