Comment

Re: How good is the EOS 7D?

Here is an example of a falcon at speed

7d, 400mm, f4, iso200, 1/1600

ef-r

Comment

Great Photo Brian !
        I think that possibly people (including myself) not reading the manual properly , thinking they know how it works and wanting to get out and play with the new toy .
        After all how many of the faults reported with the old VHS recorders were caused by people not reading the instructions proper ( Bit of a coarse example i know but i hope you get my drift) .
        Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Comment

I believe the manual gives enough information for the user to set the camera up for the way that he is going to use it. Supplementary material is available on the Canon websites.

I believe that the default settings are more than satisfactory as a base setting.

I would always recommend extra reference material on how to use any tool - for the 7D I bought this book

I like concise reference books and that is what this is

Brian
          ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_H View Post
            Great Photo Brian !
            Thank you

There are many excellent examples being regularly shown on this forum - for example Stan with his birds and squirrels are all using a 7D - I am sure they would have said something by now if there was any inherent issues with the 7D. I have only had mine for about a month so am still learning the nuances.
            ef-r

Comment

Working...
            X