Has anyone used Mifsuds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used Mifsuds?

I logged on to the Mifsuds website and noticed that they accept trade-ins.
    I emailed them and was offered £1150 for my pristine, low mileage 1D3 against a new 7D.
    I am happy enough with that although I think it could be worth around £1250-£1300 if I sold it privately.
    Has anyone used Mifsuds and are they reputable enough?
    They have been on the go for a long time so I guess I may know the answer.

Mike
    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Re: Has anyone used Mifsuds?

Mike
    I have not used them personally but a friend of mine has bought quite a lot of kit from them.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thats reassuring, Peter
      Thanks for replying

Mike

Comment

Yep a reputable company .. Pity we lost the buy and sell here I just bought another 1D3 as a 2nd body ..
        Canon 1DX Canon EOS 1D Mark 1V Canon EOS 7D Mk 11 EOS 5D Canon EF800mm f5.6 IS Canon EF500mm f4 Mark 11 Canon EF400mm f4 IS DO EF300 f2.8 IS Canon EF 200mm f2 IS Canon EF100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS Canon EF100mm IS F2.8 Canon EF24-70 F2.8 Canon EF16-35 f4 Mk11 Canon EF15mm Fisheye Canon 1.4 tele converter 111 Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art

Comment

I would also give MPB a try as Mifsuds although reputable, underquoted me for a P/X by a considerable amount compared to MPB.
          Col
          Col

Comment

I have never actually bought from Mifsuds but have discussed a few things with them and they seemed very helpful.

They have been around for about 30 years which is also a good sign.
            Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Yes Mifsuda are a 100 % top rate shop used them many times over the last few years.
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
              Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
              Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

I've used Mifsuds. Been there but parking is interesting in the summer unless you go by motorbike, in which case you can park behind and above the shop. They are not cheap. The stuff they sell is good. Over the last few years I've part exchanged two lenses, bought another two secondhand lenses and two secondhand EX flash guns. One lens was not boxed and was quite old but in very good nick, the others have all been boxed and in excellent condition. Every time I've left the shop I leave thinking that I got less than I expected for whatever I've traded and paid more than I wanted for what I've walked out with. I've never had any issues with anything I've bought from them, its all just done the job that I wanted it to do. No complaints, but I do wish they were cheaper.... but if they were would they be in business? It's my choice, anyway! Good firm, nice shop, just as well I have to make an effort to go there otherwise I may go there more often than would be good for me!
                Hmmmmm, 1150 for a 1D3........... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Gosh, I could be tempted. Easily, but it'll be 1600 in the shop!

HTH
                DP
                www.capture-light.co.uk
                www.capture-light.com

Comment

I have used them and visited the shop.

No complaints whatsoever and staff that know their stuff. I would recommend them.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

The deal went through painlessly yesterday - I managed to get another £100 + a memory card.
                    My 7D will be here tomorrow.

What puzzles me is the fact that its a "NEW" 7D but the woman I spoke to this morning said that it will be sent in a 7D kit box ???

Mike

Comment

Enjoy your new 7 D Sam .
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
                      Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
                      Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
                        The deal went through painlessly yesterday - I managed to get another £100 + a memory card.
                        My 7D will be here tomorrow.

What puzzles me is the fact that its a "NEW" 7D but the woman I spoke to this morning said that it will be sent in a 7D kit box ???

Mike

Sounds like they have split a kit and sold the lens seperately

Hope you have fun with it :)
                        ef-r

Comment

I'm quite looking forward to getting it.
                          I think it willl be a good stable mate for my 5D2 with my 600D used for the times when I have to travel light.

Having also sold my 70-200L & Tamron 90mm Macro, the money is burning a hole in my pocket and I'm contemplating on what to buy next.
                          DECISIONS DECISIONS

Mike
                          Last edited by SamFisher; 09-11-2011, 16:33.

Comment

It is not unusual if a customer wants a body only and the shop only has the kits in for them to take the kit lens out and sell it seperately.
                            Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Working...
                            X