new camera again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new camera again

Hi, after sending back the 1100d because of front focusing, I have now decided to get a 550d, I tried it in a store yesterday and really liked the feel so I am going to get it today. Any advice/ comments on the new camera welcome. :) thanks.

Re: new camera again

Nice camera if you get good lenses for it. Are you getting it as body only or with the kit lens E.G 18-55 is lens
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Hi, unbelievably, this one is front focus as well! that's 3 canon cameras in a row, 2 new and 1 used, and 1 pentax (new) all front focusing! I think I will give up! this is ridiculous, tried them with four different lenses, I dont understand how this can happen so many times, Ive checked and double checked, because I was thinking it must be me. Not sure what to do now

Comment

Can you post a picture for us?
        ef-r

Comment

How do I post a photo? thanks

Comment

I think I have worked it out :) I focused on the letter a in the word made.

http://www.eos-magazine-forum.com/album.php?albumid=330

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "front focussing" i.e are only able to focus the lens on the manual mode? have you switched on the "auto" on the lens and have you changed the mode dial to M -manual? I suggest you put the mode dial to any position other then M and put the lens switch to auto and see if this cures your problem.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

You do know that there is a special way to set up the test chart for determining front and back focus checking.

Comment

Originally posted by jacqui2 View Post
                  I think I have worked it out :) I focused on the letter a in the word made.

http://www.eos-magazine-forum.com/album.php?albumid=330
                  It is not even close - it is OOF
                  ef-r

Comment

Yes, although the picture I have have shown there is of the ruler, I did the test with the correct chart and at 45 degrees etc. Nathaniel, I mean that when I have auto focused on a specific point it actually comes out sharp in front of the point that I focused. Example: I focus on the 'this should be in sharp focus' words on the test chart and the actual sharpest area was approx 4-6mm in front of that, and yes the auto focus is on, and it was on av mode, thanks.

Comment

Never seen anything as far out as that - and on 4 cameras in a row too
                      ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                        It is not even close - it is OOF
                        Sorry I meant I had worked out how to post the photo. The photo is to demonstrate how much the focusing is out.

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                          Never seen anything as far out as that - and on 4 cameras in a row too
                          I know its crazy, I had to test it several times before I believed it myself! I would obviously put it down to the lens, or even maybe two lenses but I tried it with four different lenses, 2 sigmas one tamron and one canon ( I think thats right).

Comment

Hey you don't happen to have a north eye do you LOL

Comment

:) beginning to wonder :)

Comment

Working...
                              X