EOS & AA NI-MH Rechargeables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS & AA NI-MH Rechargeables

As anyone used the battery magazine with AA NI-MH rechargeables batteries in it to power your EOS Camera.
    I used them when the EOS 350 D first came out but found them to last about 5 mins from fully charged.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
    Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
    Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Re: EOS & AA NI-MH Rechargeables

I have 2000mAh Eneloops in my magazine for my 7D. They last about as long as the proper battery.
    Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
      I have 2000mAh Eneloops in my magazine for my 7D. They last about as long as the proper battery.
      Cheer`s i will get some new 2500 or 2700 mAh and give them a go.

Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the higher capacity eneloops FSP, my current ones are just 1900

I've found the 2500 ones on Amazon, can't find any 2700 though.

Trev

Comment

I get 2900 ones from 7dayshop
          ef-r

Comment

I get 2900 ones from 7dayshop
            Are they eneloops though Brian ? We like eneloops because they hold their charge longer.

I used have uniross high capacity (2800) ones, they leaked power quite fast.
            For me, the stress trying to time the charging so they would be ready when I was going out the door, made switch go to duracell non rechargebles. :-)

Trev

Comment

The 2900 from 7dayshop are in my speedlights and hold their charge well. They aren't eneloops but that doesn't seem to matter

On the other hand I do have a spare set in the chargers which I take with me.
              ef-r

Comment

The 2900 from 7dayshop are in my speedlights and hold their charge well. They aren't eneloops but that doesn't seem to matter
                On the other hand I do have a spare set in the chargers which I take with me.
                LOL it's up to you sir, been there, done that with those high capacity leaky jobs, never going back ! :-))
                Life's too short, and the eneloops are cheap, maybe you should try a pack and see what you think.

Trev

Comment

I have in the order of 50 rechargables from 7dayshop which have done a lot of stirling service. If there is a problem I will take your advice - thanks

BTW That is 6 speedlites plus a spare set for each plus a bunch of other AA powered devices like Pocketwizzards DAB radio etc
                  ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                    I have in the order of 50 rechargables from 7dayshop which have done a lot of stirling service. If there is a problem I will take your advice - thanks

BTW That is 6 speedlites plus a spare set for each plus a bunch of other AA powered devices like Pocketwizzards DAB radio etc
                    Do you glow in the dark Brian LOL

Comment

LOL I'm sure with all that kit you've collected in the last year you don't need any advice

Trev

Comment

Am going to sell the 7Ds - just not getting used - and make room for some other stuff
                        ef-r

Comment

I reckon you've come into money Brian !

I've lost count, is it 2 7Ds a 5Dmk2 and a 1dmk4 you have now ?? LOL

Trev

Comment

Yes - plus the 40D I keep - rather like MX5 - as a chuck it in the bag camera

Going to get it down to 1D4 + 5DII as it is getting a bit silly
                            ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
                              How do the Eneloops differ from Normal NI=MH batteries.

Comment

Working...
                              X