Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now I Know Why No-one Uses Film Anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now I Know Why No-one Uses Film Anymore...

Don't need a 32mb card as I'd never go out without at least 4 or 5 rolls of film, and manual focus was a lot easier before autofocus because of split-screen and micro-prism focussing screens. Other than that, that's probably how I use my digital now!
    John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Although I love the immediacy of digital and the ability to email pictures to editors etc, I still try and shoot at least one roll of film a week on one of my many film cameras. This week it's the F-1N having it's turn and next week it will be the F-1n for a change. Shooting mainly B&W it's only a couple of hours work to end up with scannable negs or for colour print a 24 hour wait at the local camera store here in Bognor Regis.
      I have to admit even when out with a DSLR I still shoot like a film photographer, I've been on gigs where press toggers have been machine gunning the action while I click once or twice. Film taught us to anticipate what was about to happen not react to it.
      Don't get me wrong, for as long as I can lift my DSLR I will use it professionally and for leisure but I am certainly not abandoning film and from what I am hearing film use is gathering momentum with new film cameras about to be launched as well as new films.

Comment

Hi all - my first post on the EOS Forum and it's a shame it has to be on such a divisive subject. I converted to digital a long time ago now but, just lately, I just felt the urge to shoot some rolls of film; whether or not its a nostalgia thing, I'm not quite sure but, I do miss popping the cannister, taking out that nice 35mm cartridge, pulling the leader across then shutting the door and hearing the film whizz across till it stops ready for action :-) I even miss the sound of the film transport moving the film after each frame I shoot - whatever it is, I really dont want to see the end of film and film cameras!! Out came the RT, the 600 and the 10 - great!!!!

Digital vs analogue, the old long running conundrum of the pros & cons!! The trouble is, everything revolves around the economics vs viability - maybe the world would be a better place if quality and longevity was in the equation still.

I love digital but I still love film!!! I dont recall having to replace my 8 photo album every 3 years like a 50 HD or a few 50p DVD's because it/they have become corrupted................................. I'll leave it there !!!!!
        Last edited by ARTY-RT; 21-09-2016, 15:20.
        Sometimes, it's not about doing things right, its about doing the right thing !!!

Comment

Welcome Arty

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
            Welcome Arty

Cheers,
            John
            Thanks John !! Nice area of the country where you live - I'm down there a lot during the year visiting relatives
            Sometimes, it's not about doing things right, its about doing the right thing !!!

Comment

Welcome Arty to the forum. I still keep a film camera around with BW film loaded into it. Take it out once in a while, the have the film processed, then I scan the negatives into the computer.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                Welcome Arty to the forum. I still keep a film camera around with BW film loaded into it. Take it out once in a while, the have the film processed, then I scan the negatives into the computer.

Tom
                Hi Tom !! Thanks for the welcome all the way from the USA :-) My Great Grandfather used to live in PA, (I think it was Allegheny County Pittsburgh) he started a business doing iron work for horse bridles in the 1800's - its not there now though. :-)

Comment

Working...
                X