Kodachrome 64 PKR 120 film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodachrome 64 PKR 120 film

Hey i dont know if this is the right place for it but im trying to get an idea on the value (if any) of all the left over film i have stored in my fridge, i havent owned a film body for years and i know most of the 35mm stuff isnt worth much but i have a whole heap (about 50+ rolls) in a sealy bag unrefridgerated, most 400 color neg stuff and some black and white stuff too.
    But what im really interested in finding out is the other stuff that is taking up room in my fridge, it was passed down to me by a old friend pro photographer that i learnt a few tips of the trade from back in the day and he too got it passed onto him by the very old (lol) pro that he learnt his tips from and used to shoot medium format stuff back in the 60s.
    So to cut a long story short ive got a tupperware container in my fridge containing an unopened brick (20) of Kodachrome 64 (must be the ISO) PKR 120 (must be the format) always been refriderated in the same container and passed down for at least 30+ years that i can account for. Plus there is a hand full of loose rolls of the PKR120 and some 120 vericolor and a whole heap of 35mm slide film in various ISOs and makes.

So the question is, is this stuff worth anything at all to anyone? is it worth trying to find out like who would i have to contact and how and if not should i just bin it cos i will never use it.
    Thanks for the help in advance, im sick of the missus pestering me about it taking up real estate in her fridge LOL
    Cheers Clint.

Re: Kodachrome 64 PKR 120 film

Seem to remember that the last of the processing facilities for Kodachrome was closed a year ago.

Comment

But processing labs even when in full swing would only account for over half of the film developed globally. I bet there would still be thousands of amateur labs around the world capable of processing any kind of film.

Comment

PKR 120 (must be the format)
        Yes that's correct I'm afraid, so you may get a better response from people with medium format cameras with 120 backs.
        And in particular, those you process their own pictures.

Trev

Comment

Hi Clint,

I would recommend posting on either Analog Photography Users Group or Film and Darkroom User as you may find people who could give you a price or take it off you :)

Cheers,

Glenn.

Comment

No more Kodachrome processing, but the film can still be used and processed as black and white. Not the best in tonality, but a good way to use the obsolete film.

Comment

Working...
            X