Replacement of Canon speedlight flash head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement of Canon speedlight flash head

Recently I have had to have my Canon 580EX serviced and it has been returned to me in immaculate conditon, and everything works as it should. However I am a bit mystified to note that part of the servicing covered items such as:-
    "Flash head replaced,cleaned and caliberated". Would any member know why a flash head should be replaced,cleaned and caliberated?
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Replacement of Canon speedlight flash head

Nathaniel,

I am guessing here but I would assume that the flash tube was showing signs of age and has been replaced, it may well be cheaper to replace the whole head or it may be Canon's terminology for the flash tube. The tubes do degrade with use / age just as a light bulb does.

Have a happy Christmas and I hope you get to use the serviced flash over the holidays.

Comment

Thanks Ian. I did not know that. Yes the whole flash head was replaced. This is the first time I sent away anything for a repair/service. Much impressed with the Service.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

The tube has a limited life just like the camera shutters, it was changed as a precaution as there isn't much to go faulty with a flash unit.
        Where did you send it Nat.

Comment

Originally posted by mandon View Post
          The tube has a limited life just like the camera shutters, it was changed as a precaution as there isn't much to go faulty with a flash unit.
          Where did you send it Nat.
          Canon Elstree address.

Comment

Working...
          X