Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sto-Fen Flash Difusser

Edit: Oops!!, I meant Diffuser, not Difusser

Following on from an earlier 'thread' where 'Soft Boxes' and the like were discussed, I have bought a Sto-Fen diffuser for each of my two 430EXll Speedlites.

The original intention was to buy the Lastolite Ezybox, but at £45 each, I decided to hold-off for the time being.

The next best option was the Sto-Fen type Flash Diffuser, which is much more justifiable and affordable.

The are many Sto-Fen clones on the market, which are very cheap, compared to the genuine Sto-Fen.

However, being mindful of comments in the earlier 'thread', such as "buy cheap, buy twice", and the genuine Sto-Fen is a nice secure fit, I opted for the genuine Sto-Fen, at £12 each.

They are indeed very much a secure custom fit, with no danger of them moving or slipping off.

Are they worth £12, given what they comprise, probably not, but hey, if they do the job, then fine.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave_S; 18-01-2014, 12:43. Reason: typo
    Dave

Re: Sto-Fen Flash Difusser

Are they worth £12, given what they compromise, probably not, but hey, if they do the job, then fine
    In materials terms, there is about a quids worth of plastic. However, at £12, it must represent one of the most inexpensive improvements to your flash photography available.

That's value for money.
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
      In materials terms, there is about a quids worth of plastic. However, at £12, it must represent one of the most inexpensive improvements to your flash photography available.

That's value for money.
      Agree with Colin

Tom

Comment

I have a Stofen but I'm really not convinced by the amount of improvement, except for bounce flash...

Comment

I have and have had StoFen diffusers for years (maybe since the early 80's) for all my flashguns and have always found them a great, cheap investment. I have no experience of 'cheap alternatives' but as Colin says, though it's £ worth of plastic, it is still quite a cheap accessory.
          Gary
          www.garywhite-photography.com
          Gary White, MPhil
          Travel Photographer

Comment

Working...
          X