Hot shoe extender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot shoe extender?

Is there such a thing as a hot shoe extender?

I've just bought a pair of these.

151102018484_2.jpg

The on-off switch is right next to the hot shoe and when the gun is mounted you can't get to the switch. I need something that puts some space between the gun and the trigger. A bit like the hot shoe mounted spirit level but with contacts top and bottom.
    Regards ,
    Norman

Re: Hot shoe extender?

I have 4 of these and have the same problem with attaching the flashguns off camera - not a problem though, just turn them on before you attach the flash gun - they dont use much power and i am still using the same batteries from when i bought them

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Same here but I switch mine on/off with a cocktail stick.
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I have a number of these as well and after many thousand of shots and many hours of use I have had to change the batteries once, as with Peter if I forget to turn them on I use a thin object (cocktail stick or similar) to turn them on or off but normally I will turn them on when I start out and simply forget about them until packing them away.

They are great little devices.

Comment

Thanks all for your input. I only use a pair to trigger a remote Canon 550EX. The 550 triggers the other 3 flashes (Yongnuos) in S1 mode. In time I may get another 3 of the triggers but it's all working OK so far. The problem is that the 550 sits very close to the trigger and I can't get a cocktail stick between them.
          Regards ,
          Norman

Comment

Working...
          X