Yongnuo YN-622C flash trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yongnuo YN-622C flash trigger

Does anyone use or can anyone recommend these flash triggers.
    I have a Canon 430EXII and want to keep ETTL and HS Sync.
    Mainly for portraits and wildlife from a distance were I can place a flash closer to the subject and keep a distance with the camera.
    I assume they are radio triggers and don't need line of sight all the time

Many thanks

Alan
    Last edited by Alan Campbell; 09-02-2014, 12:11.
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Re: Yongnuo YN-622C flash trigger

I have a pair that I use with my 430EX and they work great. Here's a link to the specs, and they do HS sync.

John

Comment

YES! Definitely recommend them.

I have 1 x 430 EXII, and 2 x Yongnuo 568EX's and 4 x YN622C's that all work a treat. You are correct they are wireless, so do not need line of sight... up to 100 meters apparently! As stated by John, HSS, and full ETTL. Very simple to use.

Mike
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Yep, I too can recommend them.

I have three of them, and use them to fire my two 430EX ll off camera.

Dave
        Dave

Comment

Many thanks John, Mike and Dave.
          Looks like my next purchase to help with portraits etc.

Alan
          Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Campbell View Post
            Looks like my next purchase to help with portraits etc.
            That's why I bought the pair of 430EX ll, and the 622c triggers Alan.

I'm no lighting or portrait expert, but its an area that I would like to understand better, and am enjoying the experimentation.

Dave
            Dave

Comment

They're great triggers Alan, but can be a little difficult to get your head around how they work. There's an easy to read third-party manual available which is worth a download and read through.
              Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

An excellent guide,Steve. Thank you.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
                  They're great triggers Alan, but can be a little difficult to get your head around how they work. There's an easy to read third-party manual available which is worth a download and read through.
                  When I try to access/download it Steve, I get this?

"This content cannot be displayed in a frame"

Dave
                  Dave

Comment

I do recall that you need to be signed in to Google (Docs) to access the file.
                    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
                      I do recall that you need to be signed in to Google (Docs) to access the file.
                      That's probably what the problem is then Steve. I assumed that it was a standard html 'hyperlink'.

I give it another go.

Dave
                      Last edited by Dave_S; 11-02-2014, 14:53. Reason: yypo
                      Dave

Comment

Yep, it requires a 'google mail' login.

It seems that 'many moons' ago, I set up a gmail account, albeit goodness knows why, as I've never used it.

Haven't a clue what the password was, and in order to reset it, 'the system' want's to know what year I created the account, and when I last used it, etc.

As I haven't a clue, it seems that I can't recover the account, albeit as I said, I've never used it, and don't plan to.

Normally, if you forget a password, you can get a reset link, sent to your registered e-mail address, but not with gmail it would seem, who want to know the 'in's and out's of a cat's backside', first.

Ah well.

Dave
                        Dave

Comment

I just thought I'd mention that the focus light on these triggers can be used, without a flash, to help the camera to get the correct focus on dimly lit subjects- very helpful where you can't use a flashgun, like during church ceremonies.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                          X