Remote flash for a 700d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote flash for a 700d

Hiya guys, been a while since I posted, but I need some advice.

I've now got a 700d, which I love over the 450d, but, I'm looking for my first flash. I don't have a lot to spend, but I won't to get something that will last, with, ideally, TTL (I've been reading up and understand a bit, but not everything).

Now, what I'm confused about is...I've been looking at the YN-510EX, it's a decent price and seems to tick all the boxes I need. But, I've been looking into the remote setting for it, EVERYWHERE I've looked, I can't seem to find that it's compatible with the 700d.

HERE for example, quotes : The YN510EX can be triggered by 580EX II, SB-900/800/700, 7D/60D/600D, Nikon c-command and ST-E2, and flashes as TTL mode as well as M/Multi mode.

When it says SB-900,800,700, does that mean the 700d? Since it's not actually listed. Sorry if this seems like I silly question, but I just want to make sure if I'm paying out, it's for the right thing, a flashgun that has TTL and can be remotely fired by the 700d.

Thanks.

Re: Remote flash for a 700d

Found this on http://www.yongnuoaccessories.com/yo...-kiss-x7i.html

it is a US site
    Yongnuo YN-510EX TTL Flash Speedlite For Canon EOS Rebel T5i EOS 700D EOS Kiss X7i

Discription:

Concise but not Simple, the Ideal TTL Slave Unit YN-510EX, it can fully enabled TTL and Remote Manual flash when acting as an off camera slave flash to the Canon and Nikon Optic wireless systems, most current Canon and Nikon cameras have a master or commander unit built into their pop up flash, which will control the YN-510EX remotely from the camera.
    David

Comment

Thank you...what confused me was the fact it didn't specifically say 'for the 700d', everywhere only seems to mention the 7d.

Comment

When it says SB-900,800,700, does that mean the 700d?
        SB-900 etc are Nikon flashguns

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          SB-900 etc are Nikon flashguns

Stan
          So, again, just checking, when it says 7D, 60D, 600D, does it mean just those models or 'the 600 and everything after'?

Comment

I would think that any Canon body with a flash triggering device would trigger your flash if it has the "slave" ability.

Comment

Working...
            X