jumped in feet first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jumped in feet first

lacking any kind of flash on my 1d3 i jumped in feet first over the weekend and ordered a yongnuo 565EXii TTL flash gun ,my mate has the same one and says its good so i went with it .for £63 del BNIB i took a chance .will keep you up to date when it arrives

Re: jumped in feet first

As well as my 580 and 430, I got a youngnuo 560 for my water splash shots and for a fraction of the canon cost you cant go wrong. In fact apart from the name there is little physical difference between the canon 580 and the yongnuo 560 even down to the case to keep it in

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

I to have the 560. Really impressed with the build quality and performance. It's a ringer for the same Canon version but a mere fraction of the price. Enjoy.
      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

the flashgun arrived this morning by royal mail signed for ,i purchased from a company on e/bay called "bond street " and obviously they hold stock in the u.k based on delivery time .very impressed with the item quality and feel .i owned a nikon SB800TTL when i was on nikon and this compares favourably with that at 1/5th of the price .not sure which canon gun it would go up against but it looks and feels good to me .just hope this company does as rumoured and moves into the lens market that would really shake things up .

anyway really impressed so far ,buttons feel nice and firm ,head swivels and turns o.k ,built in diffuser and white shade fired off a few test shots and all seems good .

all i have to do now is remember how to use it properly
        Last edited by the black fox; 17-10-2014, 09:16.

Comment

Heard yesterday that Yongnuo are to release a copy of the Canon 600EX RT, an exact carbon copy. I'm going to get a 565EX II to see how it goes.
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

I am no strobist expert, but my yongnuo serves me well,

Garry
            Garry Macdonald on Flickr
            Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

i got mine from here paul
              Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Yong Nuo Yongnuo Speedlite YN 565EX Shoe Mount Flash Canon at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

£63 inc del ,ordered last weekend arrived this morning by recorded delivery .

just tried out the slave function to and it works fine ,you have to switch it on in the menu .cant beat it for the price you would pay a lot more for even a s/h canon one.even the carry case and off camera stand are good quality very pleased.heres one i just took of our new pup flat out in bed ,right under a picture window and bouncing the flash off the ceiling exposure spot on .

toby by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr
              Last edited by the black fox; 17-10-2014, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                i got mine from here paul
                Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Yong Nuo Yongnuo Speedlite YN 565EX Shoe Mount Flash Canon at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

£63 inc del ,ordered last weekend arrived this morning by recorded delivery .

just tried out the slave function to and it works fine ,you have to switch it on in the menu .cant beat it for the price you would pay a lot more for even a s/h canon one.even the carry case and off camera stand are good quality very pleased.heres one i just took of our new pup flat out in bed ,right under a picture window and bouncing the flash off the ceiling exposure spot on .

toby by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr
                I bought this flash after reading your post for £62.99
                I was looking to buy another, the same flash is now £112.99!

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                X