Canon buy Yongnuo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon buy Yongnuo

Do Canon feel threatened? Or is this an opportunity for Canon to sell cheaper gear?

Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Re: Canon buy Yongnuo

I think this might be a bad thing as currently the Yongnuo flashguns share pretty much identical feature and functions of the Canon's they are based upon, however I expect that Canon will make sure that the Yongnuo's will be below the spec of the equivalent canon's.
    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
    Facebook
    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

This was my thinking too Paul. A see Canon selling low spec units under Yongnuo, possibly pricing them closer to canon units so that punters go to Canon, then just close Yongnuo down blaming poor sales. Maybe I'm just synical!

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
        This was my thinking too Paul. A see Canon selling low spec units under Yongnuo, possibly pricing them closer to canon units so that punters go to Canon, then just close Yongnuo down blaming poor sales. Maybe I'm just synical!
        Look at the date on the article 1st April 2015! think that says it all?

Comment

Originally posted by dobedogg View Post
          Hmmmm, maybe

Comment

Yep April fools joke

Comment

just what I was thinking

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Oh! what a shame!!!!! But a good one as well.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Shame its a joke, could see that working, been done before, Fender/Squier, Gibson/Epiphone - gives the factory two bites of the market and us customers two price brackets to choose from

reminds me of the well told story of when Fender went to inspect their newly established Squier factory in Japan in the early '80's, and found, to their horror, that their low cost brand was making better products than the parent!

Ian
                  EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Working...
                  X