extention tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extention tubes?

Can anyone recommend a set of extention tubes to use with my Canon 7D and 100mm f2.8L Lens,or should i splash out on the Canon tubes.
    I assume by using tubes i will gain extra magnification?

any help much appreciated
    Alan
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Re: extention tubes?

I tried the Canon EF14 extension tube but didn't like it and quickly sold it.
    The Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS lens has a focus limiter which is very useful for getting closer, I'd experiment with that first.

Comment

I'm using Kenko extension tubes Alan.
      You still get AF using these.
      I've only just started shooting Macro.
      I have experimented with AF and MF. I seem to get closer in MF.
      My latest Macro shots were with a 20mm Extension Tube.
      If you care for a peep, head over to my Flickr site (link below)

Mike
      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

I use the Kenko tubes. Just make sure you get the ones with the full contacts so that the AF and apature work

Comment

I have just started using the Canon EF25 II, all good so far will be posting results later in the week...
          Last edited by J H Foto; 03-07-2012, 10:30.
          My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
          © JH Foto
          The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
            I tried the Canon EF14 extension tube but didn't like it and quickly sold it.
            The Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS lens has a focus limiter which is very useful for getting closer, I'd experiment with that first.
            Just spotted Mike's image here using a 20mm extension tube with the 100mm f/2.8 macro, superb.
            Go with the wired versions as this with allow for AF although MF is recommended for macro.

Comment

I have the Canon tubes, but because there is no glass involved, no reason why you shouldn't use less expensive alternatives. Make sure you use "Automatic" ones, as some of the less expensive ones are manual, so no autofocus or stop down mechanism.

I have used Jessops own make when I left mine at home and could detect no difference between those and my Canon ones.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Thanks all for your help.
                The Kenko tubes sound as if they are worth a go,so i will look into them.

"If you care for a peep, head over to my Flickr site"
                Mike i've had a look and your images look great

"because there is no glass involved, no reason why you shouldn't use less expensive alternatives".

thanks for the advice Colin

Alan
                Last edited by Alan Campbell; 03-07-2012, 10:47.
                Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

I own the Kenko too, never tried the canon but these work well for me. Tubes are very weird getting used to at the beginning though, limited range for focus and such but cheap and great because there's no extra optics. Whatever quality of lens you are using should remain consistent with the use of the tubes, so I didn't see a need to buy canon here.

Comment

Working...
                  X