IS or non IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS or non IS

Can anyone advise whether the EXIF data held within an image includes whether the image was taken with or without IS?? I have looked in both DPP and Lightroom 4 and can't find it.

Is their anyway of finding out?
    Canon 7D MKii, Canon 70-300 f4-5.6L IS, Canon 17-40 f4L, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 f3.5

http://janandkeith.co.uk

Re: IS or non IS

If the information is anywhere it will be in the 'Makers Notes' section of the EXIF metadata. But it will not be obvious.

Or am I making this more complex than it is ... happen Robert knows?

Comment

I too looked for this information in my images and could not find it using DPP.
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Try Photome - the most powerful EXIF reader I have come across. I know my P****x reports whether the IS was on and if it worked, but I don't think Canons do.
        Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Maybe you could take a test shot with IS off, then with IS on. Then look for any differences in the exif.
          There may be an un labelled item with a value of zero for off, and 1 for on ?

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
            Maybe you could take a test shot with IS off, then with IS on. Then look for any differences in the exif.
            There may be an un labelled item with a value of zero for off, and 1 for on ?

Trev
            I did that many moons ago ... and there are quite a few difference (even with camera and lens on manual) aside from time. So it was difficult to isolate which tag within the makers notes just might be IS=ON/OFF ISMode=1/2 ISType=Normal/Hybrid.

Comment

just might be IS=ON/OFF ISMode=1/2 ISType=Normal/Hybrid.
              Maybe :-)

Trev

Comment

Working...
              X