100mm, 135mm or 200mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100mm, 135mm or 200mm?

I have looked and tried these three L-lenses, and got a brief feel for them. Recently had a 70-200 4.0 in my possession but sold it. How would you compare the 70-200 4.0 to these three gentlemen?

I'm in the business of buying a light weight lens for full frame. (the none-L versions are not interresting due to weather sealing, also I want my equipment to being able to take a beating). I will not shoot sport but having a little extra reach from my 24-70 and to being able to compress the background a little more.
    Last edited by Nurcahyo; 14-09-2012, 21:06.

Re: 100mm, 135mm or 200mm?

For me it would be the 200mm.

You can get the view of a 100mm, or a 135mm, by taking a few steps forward with your 24 - 70mm. So not only is the 200mm a great lens, but it make an appreciable difference to your view, enough to warrant a lens change.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I agree with Colin............
      My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
      © JH Foto
      The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

100mm, 135mm or 200mm?

Sounds logical to me, is it possible to use a 2x or 1.4x extender with the 200mm? Packing light is one of my main goals here :)

Comment

It is compatible with both extenders; whichever version is applied. See one of amy charts at Wikipedia - Clicky
          Bob Turner
          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

100mm, 135mm or 200mm?

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
            It is compatible with both extenders; whichever version is applied. See one of amy charts at Wikipedia - Clicky
            Thanks! I'll check it out!

I don't have a lot knowledge on prime telephoto lenses. Will an extender do anything with the image IQ?
            Last edited by Nurcahyo; 15-09-2012, 21:22.

Comment

Working...
            X