Tokina 11-16 f2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokina 11-16 f2.8

Does anyone have any experience of using this lens. It gets some pretty good reviews but i have read there are some compatibility issues with the Auto Focus on some cameras. Reviews against canon bodies on the web are somewhat limited.

I am tempted to buy this lens as i can get one for £408 but feel the Sigma 10-20 is more tied and tested (the canon 10-22 is simply too expensive).

Some feedback from anyone who owns a Tokina 11-16 may sway my desision.

Help please!!!

Re: Tokina 11-16 f2.8

Originally posted by craig101010 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of using this lens. It gets some pretty good reviews but i have read there are some compatibility issues with the Auto Focus on some cameras. Reviews against canon bodies on the web are somewhat limited.

I am tempted to buy this lens as i can get one for £408 but feel the Sigma 10-20 is more tied and tested (the canon 10-22 is simply too expensive).

Some feedback from anyone who owns a Tokina 11-16 may sway my desision.

Help please!!!

Hi

The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 is one of the best wide-angle zooms for small sensor dslr. Its ultra sharp, fast and very good for low light situations.
    I can recommend this lens. I have used it on 40D, 50D, and now 7D.
    Go for it !
    Best regards

Comment

I was very pleased with it when I used it on my 40D

Dave

Comment

Yep, another thumbs up for the Tokina 11-16. I've got one, and it was one of the reasons that I chose a crop camera over full frame.

recently bought a 7D, considered a 5D, but would have meant the 11-16 would have to be sold.

I hope to take some images of York Cathedral later this week (reasonable light permitting), I'll post a few up.
        Regards

Denis

http://www.pbase.com/denis99

Comment

Have you considered the Tamron 10-24mm - it doesn't seem as good as the Sigma on edge sharpness but its better in the centre - I've had no problem with edges so far with mine.
          I bought it as I'd been impressed with the Tamron 55-200 quality. I think the brand is a bit overlooked - and it's great value.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Tokina 11-16mm every time. One of the sharpest lenses - nad extremely flexible. Would hate to lose mine. I've also considered the 7d. For the moment I'll wait until the budget permits (mine not the Chancellor's)

Comment

Working...
            X