X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon ef 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM at Amazon

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
    Amazon tell me that my EF 100 f/2.8 L Macro IS USM has been dispatched
    I've just had the same dispatched email from amazon (due weds 5th Dec).

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

The beast arrived this morning, taking longer than anticipated as Yodel were involved in the delivery process. First impression is that it's big and the rearmost element is huge. I've already registered with canon's cashback promotion too, now I just need to find some time to play around with some more water-drops.
      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

I had one for a few months ... but didn't quite get the macro bug so swapped it for another L.

Comment

Just received lens, all looks OK.

I've already registered with canon's cashback promotion
          How do you claim the cash back there's nothing in the box to say what to do !

Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

http://www.canon.co.uk/wintercashbac...S_celebrate_UK

Comment

Many Thanks MX5,All done and registered.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
                Many Thanks MX5,All done and registered.

Paul
                Make sure the receipt/invoice has a date on when you submit, I submitted a cash back claim the other day, and I just sent them a copy of the order confirmation E-mail (from Jessops), a couple of days later I got an E-mail from Canon asking for an invoice/receipt with a date on, so I took a photo of the paper delivery invoice and sent that in, and it was accepted.
                Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Les,The receipt has the date showing,but knowing my luck I've probably done something wrong.

Paul

Comment

I've had 4 cash backs from Canon and no problems. Just follow the destructions and you should be okay.

Comment

Canon ef 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM at Amazon

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                      I've had 4 cash backs from Canon and no problems. Just follow the destructions and you should be okay.
                      That's good to know, I was half expecting Canon to say each individual was only eligible for a single claim! This'll make £215 Canon has given me in the last six weeks
                      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Up date on my last message (no 6) and my order as promised.
                        I should have also mentioned Indigo Starfish which is the Amazon company based in Jersey which have usually supplied me with smaller things like books and memory cards.

Whilst the order was confirmed by email, as I noted, the subsequent process wasn’t without incident
                        After Amazon had sent the order confirmation email I kept watching the order status on the web site. I knew it was a special price as did others on this and at least two other photo forums who ordered after me.
                        Suddenly the order vanished from my account on their web site so, after a short period of time I called customer help who were very nice and helpful but could not tell me why it had gone and said that my order might have been deleted because of a 'pricing error' but I should have got an email confirming this. I hadn’t and they were concerned that I hadn’t.
                        I did note to her that some Amazon prices for other things were fluctuating wildly (a bit like the fluid pricing of plane and rail tickets). Based on the fact that other orders placed after mine had been fulfilled I asked to speak to someone about it (like a supervisor). I was put though to a lady in the Caribbean who listened to my story and confirmed that my original order price would be honoured and asked me to reorder whilst we were talking. This I did and she then confirmed it with another email. I agreed all was well with that and the order reappeared on the web site and the lens was delivered last Tuesday.
                        Confidence with Amazon fully restored.

I have now registered the purchase with Canon for their winter cash back deal and have done it exactly as I did for my 40mm pancake which I bought a while back. This was successful and, hopefully, this should go through OK. I hope other have been successful with their order for this lens.
                        A bit stressful but a 100mm L macro IS at half price? This sort of thing does not usually happen to me.
                        Thanks Fred D. I am packing now for Kerala.
                        Taking G12 (SWMBO's), 5D2, 600D, 70-300L , 17-40L and 40mm. These should cover most eventualities and still keep within carry on weight.

Comment

Sounds like a palaver but at least Amazon honoured the deal in the end.

I got an e-mail from Canon over the weekend telling me that my cashback claim has been approved :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X