Lenses- EF 75mm-300mm USM ii vs EF-S 55mm-250mm IS lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenses- EF 75mm-300mm USM ii vs EF-S 55mm-250mm IS lens

Can any member advice me on this one. I have both a EF-S 55mm-250mm IS lens and a EF 75mm-300mm USM ii lens. Do you advice me to keep both or sell one and if so which one? Both are in MINT conditioni. I have two DSLR camera bodies- 450d & 350d.
    I travel abroad regularly on holiday and like to photograph wild life, landscapes, & all aspect of nature.

Re: Lenses- EF 75mm-300mm USM ii vs EF-S 55mm-250mm IS lens

My advice would be to keep both until you become an 'L'coholic.

I would though suggest the purchase of a wide angle lens for landscape work.

regards

Nigel

Comment

Thank you for your advice. I will keep both as I am very fond of the two lenses.They take very good, sharp pictures. I do not think that I will be able to afford an "L" series lens on my pension. Also photography is a hobby of mine and so I will trundle along until I win the Lottery- maybe!

I do have a EF-S 18mm-55mm IS lens as well as a EF 28mm-105mm USM ii Lens. So I believe that my wide angle needs are met with these two esp the with the EF-s 18-55mm IS lens.

Comment

Originally posted by doktorstamp View Post
        My advice would be to keep both until you become an 'L'coholic.

I would though suggest the purchase of a wide angle lens for landscape work.
        I agree - this landscape was taken today at 55mm - in hindsight it would have been better with a wider angle.

ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
          I agree - this landscape was taken today at 55mm - in hindsight it would have been better with a wider angle.

Well I'm blowed, a local lad!

I recognise this scene. The River Medway, from the M2 bridge looking towards Rochester with both castle and cathedral in the distance. Really quite nice.

I think a wider lens wouldn't have done this scene a lot of good and would simply have pushed the distant details back so far they would have reproduced very small indeed and been difficult to see or at least, recognise. Fine as it is this one, in my humble opinion.

Regards,
          Dave Chamberlain
          Last edited by dchamberlain; 01-01-2010, 15:58. Reason: spelling mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by dchamberlain View Post
            Well I'm blowed, a local lad!
            I live in Trottiscliffe.

I think about 40mm would have been perfect - would have got the sweep of the bend in better
            ef-r

Comment

Working...
            X