canon 24-105 f4 L IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canon 24-105 f4 L IS

selling my canon 24-105 f4 L IS lens complete with hood, soft lens pouch and original box + lens filter all in mint condition. I am looking to get hold of a good Portrait lens.
    open to good offers.
    Last edited by mandon; 18-04-2013, 14:02.

Re: canon 24-105 f4 L IS

Shouldn't you post this in the Classifieds Mandon?
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

what a miserable old so n so you are Bob, to be honest I have had it with this site, your like a load of old men sitting around a table and oddly enough it's the same old bunch that try to win brownie points from MR Scott.
      I dont know why you few members that are always in the forefront of every topic just dont have your own little site all to yourselves and I dont mean this one.

Comment

Bob was only trying to be helpful. I for one, will always look at the classifieds if I wanted to buy something. This particular thread is for reviews of lenses, advice about lenses and similar.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

in that case I would have said something more helpful and not so blunt like ( I think you would have a better chance of selling your lens if it were in the Classifieds Mandon)
          Quote "This particular thread is for reviews of lenses, advice about lenses and similar".
          I didn't notice that on my way in, Where dose it say that then Nathaniel.
          Last edited by mandon; 19-04-2013, 00:19.

Comment

Err, I was trying to be helpful. If I wasn't, I would have been more blunt.

As for'Brownie Points' from Mr. Scott, it's Mr. Scott who receives them from me by way of my subscription to the magazine.

My advice to you is, nah, I won't bother.
            Bob Turner
            Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Also, access to the classified adverts is only available to EOS magazine print or digital edition subscribers. So not everyone would see it anyway, including me
              Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by amphil007 View Post
                Also, access to the classified adverts is only available to EOS magazine print or digital edition subscribers. So not everyone would see it anyway, including me
                You got it in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
                  Err, I was trying to be helpful. If I wasn't, I would have been more blunt.

As for'Brownie Points' from Mr. Scott, it's Mr. Scott who receives them from me by way of my subscription to the magazine.

My advice to you is, nah, I won't bother.
                  Bob it's easy to turn it around now just to make you Mr nice guy and as for your advice NO THANK YOU.

Comment

I am looking to get hold of a good Portrait lens.
                    I am curious what you consider would be a good portrait lens and the reason I ask is that my favourite lens for portraits (head and shoulders) is my 70 - 200mm. I have used fast portrait lenses such as the 85mm 1.2 and one eye in focus and the other out I don't find appealing, or representative of my skill as a photographer, so I end up stopping it down and by stopping down, I have lost the supposed benefit of a fast lens.

Also, being a zoom, I can stand back from the subject without being in their face and just use the zoom to alternate between tight and loose crop.
                    Colin

Comment

Hi Mandon, I think you should be asking between £500 550 for that lens based on current rates.

You could do a lot worse than using a 24-105F4L as a portrait lens what lens did you have in mind to replace it with.

I don’t think you should leave the forum BTW

Trev

Comment

ooops didn't see your post Colin, sorry for the duplicate question on portrait lenses.

Comment

I was thinking the same. On the rare occasions I do Portraits, I use my 24-105 F4 L
                          Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

Thank you Trev and thanks Colin, I want a portrait lens mainly for photographing my Grandchildren, I had a 70-200 f2.8 L and found that was to heavy and traded it against the 24-105L, I am sorry now because in my opinion its not near as sharp as 70-200 and the 24-105 is not that great indoors unless I up the ISO. any advise on a lens would be appreciated.

Comment

Grandchildren ................ the trickiest and most elusive of all subjects.

One moment they are so keen to be photographed they run to within an inch of your lens and the next they don't want to be and run away. Even when you do get some decent shots, their grandmother knows them so well and is so critical of each expression, you wonder why you ever bothered? But when you do get it right, it is so rewarding.

Inside I alternate between the 70 - 200mm f2.8 and the 24 - 70mm f2.8 and generally bounce some flash from the ceiling to lighten shadows. Outside it is the 70 - 200mm and sometimes longer if they are further up the garden.

A couple of times a year I will setup studio flash and do some more formal portraits. Mostly taken with the 24 - 70mm, because the little terrors want to see each shot off the rear screen before I can try the next one and it is less far to run back to me using that lens.
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X