Form an orderly queue ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form an orderly queue ....

... now I wonder who will be in the queue ;-)

http://www.canon.co.uk/About_Us/Pres...4L_IS_USM.aspx

Re: Form an orderly queue ....

Anybody care to send me $11,000?
    Russell
    Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Zoom

I especially like the Only .

Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS U Extender1.4x

Only £11,999.00
      RRP £11,999.99
      Colin

Comment

Hi Hunni? Yeah my car is fine, I'll live with the clutch slipping, the hole in the floor, and the boot not working right. Not to mention the £250 year tax bill. It's really ok, I don't need a new car...

I do need a Canon 200-400 though...

I can see that conversation going well.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Cracking looking lens which fills a bit of a hole i the range and the inbuilt TC is neat idea - but 12k??? Eeek

Comment

Oh what a coincidence: $11,999 in the USA and £11,999 in the UK.
            Colin

Comment

Apart from generating the initial £12k price-tag, we'll also need to get back to the gym... it weighs in at a whopping 3.8Kg

When it was first announced, I was rather hoping that it would be pretty-well the 'ideal' wildlife lens, but at that weight I'm not at all sure I could carry it around for a day, let alone heft it and pan a bird-in-flight!

C'est la vie...
              Cheers;
              Lee
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
              5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
              17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

it weighs in at a whopping 3.8Kg
                Good for me though. My 500mm weighs 3.87kg, I save 70 grams. Now, which kidney do I sell?
                Colin

Comment

Watch out for your local Pro Store having one to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
                    Apart from generating the initial £12k price-tag, we'll also need to get back to the gym... it weighs in at a whopping 3.8Kg

When it was first announced, I was rather hoping that it would be pretty-well the 'ideal' wildlife lens, but at that weight I'm not at all sure I could carry it around for a day, let alone heft it and pan a bird-in-flight!

C'est la vie...
                    Have a read of this.
                    Regards ,
                    Norman

Comment

Nice review but no surprise when he gets 11 grands worth of lens for nothing.
                      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

I may be being controversial here, and no offence meant to anyone (seriously)... but, in Andy Rouse's examples of shots using the 200-400 and a 1Dx, there are some absolutely superb images. I mean, potentially award winning, I'm sure we'll all agree on that!

However...

Are these images the result of Canon's R&D and construction expertise, or are they down to the expertise of the photographer?
                        Or a mixture of both?
                        Has the specification of the latest pro-level cameras and lenses reached a point that now anyone in 'the right place at the right time' will be able to get a great shot, if they have spent enough money?

For example, the Leopard walking through dappled sunlight has to be one of my favourite shots ever, but... not much tracking required, he's only walking, and he is aware of the togs but is happy to ignore them. He's a little way off, but is getting closer. 'Click' - Is the fantastic image that has been obtained therefore just a glorified 'point and shoot', but just with the highest Pro level gear?

With the same gear, could any of us taken that very same shot?

Obviously, I don't have £20,000 spare, and I have never travelled to Africa to take pictures of Leopards in the wild (respect to those who can!), so I'll have to stick with my 7D, 70-300 L, Kenko 1.4, and my delusions of being far better than I actually am! Onwards with my trips to the WWT sites, BWC and National Trust properties for now!

Just a thought. Feel free to ignore.

Mike
                        flickr
                        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Even the lens case is $699

Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

I will stay with my 200 f2.8 plus 1.4 and 2, cheaper and far easier to go walking with
                            ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
                              I may be being controversial here, and no offence meant to anyone (seriously)... but, in Andy Rouse's examples of shots using the 200-400 and a 1Dx, there are some absolutely superb images. I mean, potentially award winning, I'm sure we'll all agree on that!

However...

Are these images the result of Canon's R&D and construction expertise, or are they down to the expertise of the photographer?
                              Or a mixture of both?
                              Has the specification of the latest pro-level cameras and lenses reached a point that now anyone in 'the right place at the right time' will be able to get a great shot, if they have spent enough money?

For example, the Leopard walking through dappled sunlight has to be one of my favourite shots ever, but... not much tracking required, he's only walking, and he is aware of the togs but is happy to ignore them. He's a little way off, but is getting closer. 'Click' - Is the fantastic image that has been obtained therefore just a glorified 'point and shoot', but just with the highest Pro level gear?

With the same gear, could any of us taken that very same shot?

Obviously, I don't have £20,000 spare, and I have never travelled to Africa to take pictures of Leopards in the wild (respect to those who can!), so I'll have to stick with my 7D, 70-300 L, Kenko 1.4, and my delusions of being far better than I actually am! Onwards with my trips to the WWT sites, BWC and National Trust properties for now!

Just a thought. Feel free to ignore.

Mike
                              I agree with you Mike,it seems to be turning into a rich mans/womans game.

Alan
                              Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Working...
                              X