Increase in lens prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase in lens prices

We have a family get-together at the weekend, and as it will be a bit special I decided that i would bite yet another bullet and buy a 135mm f2.for the occasion. Naturally I looked for the best price - only to find that these tended to be either from people who had no stock or with whom I had problems in the past. I spoke to LCE in Southampton who, although they had no stock, would check around for me. When they called me back shortly afterwards the good news was that they had located a lens - the bad news was that it would cost £970! Apparently Canon increased lens prices at the beginning of the month and as this would be new stock, it carried the new price.

I was able to locate stock at Flash Camera who still have that lens at something in excess of £200 less than the new Canon price. The warning is - if you have been teasing yourself about a new lens, get in quick before the old stock runs out!

Martin

Re: Increase in lens prices

Best prices that I could find for the 135mm f/2 was between £685.00 and £689.00.
    If Canon have increased their prices then a good point made, thank you.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Re: Increase in lens prices

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
      Best prices that I could find for the 135mm f/2 was between £685.00 and £689.00.
      If Canon have increased their prices then a good point made, thank you.
      I saw those prices too - but one had no stock, others were sourced from overseas and one I would not deal with again unless it was a matter of life and death (end even then I might not) I SIMPLY wouldn't :-)

Martin

Comment

Working...
      X